This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

With spring just around the corner, it’s about time to switch your nails from those dark winter colors to some fun new designs. Next time you go to get your nails done, try out one of these nail trends that everyone will be doing by summer time! They’ll be sure to brighten up your fingers and your day.

Clear Starry Glitter Nails

I’ve definitely been seeing clear nails as a trend everywhere, but I especially love these ones with lots of glitter and sparkly star accents. If this isn’t aesthetic goals, I don’t know what is.

Image Source

Image Source

Neon Nails

Neon is a major spring trend in the fashion world in general right now, so why not translate this trend to your next nail look? Aside from highlighter yellow, you could also try a bright orange, pink, or electric blue or purple. I also love the idea of this half nude/half neon nail look if a whole neon nail is a little bit much for your style.

Image SourceImage Source

Picasso-Inspired Nails

If you’re more of a simplistic kind of gal but you still love art and fashion, this is the nail look for you. These little Picasso-inspired face doodles have been everywhere from t-shirts to jewelry, so why not add them to your nails?

Image Source

Image Source

Designer/Logomania Inspired Nails

I recently came across the London-based nail artist anouskaanastasia on Instagram, and I’m absolutely obsessed with all of her work. Some of my favorite looks by her are inspired by the Logomania trend that is huge in fashion right now, featuring logos and famous prints like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. If you can’t afford those brands but want to rock them anyways, on your nails is the perfect way!

Image Source

Image Source

“Jelly” Nails

Like I mentioned earlier, the clear nail trend is definitely something I’ve been seeing a lot lately. Using these transparent acrylic nails is also referred to as “Jelly” nails, because when you add color to them, they really do look like jelly. This is definitely a unique nail trend to try out but can have some really interesting results.

Image Source

Image Source

Would you try out any of these brand new nail trends? Share this post with your thoughts on which ones are your favorite!

Emma Burkard is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Writing and Communications.