Siena’s Best Kept Secrets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Even though Siena has a small campus, it feels like I am learning something new about it every day. There are a few things scattered across our campus I have found out about and like to keep to myself, but I am about to spill the best-kept secrets of Siena College!

1. Casey’s donuts

Dunkin has nothing on Casey’s when it comes to this. I don’t know what they put in these yummy circles of goodness but they are DELICIOUS and so fresh, so soft. Do yourself a favor, get a vanilla latte and a donut, and take five minutes to relax from your day.

2. The Hickey Financial Center in Siena Hall

Some may call me biased because I’m an accounting major and this room is mostly filled with finance and accounting nerds, but it’s open to everyone so even if you aren’t in the business school, I would give this place a go. Most of the time it is super quiet, and the back room has computers with dual screens, which is extremely helpful when you’re working on big projects that might require you to have a lot of windows open on your computer.

3. Hines Hall / St. Mary of the Angels Patio

If you didn’t live in Hines Hall freshman year, then you probably don’t know that there is a patio that leads into the chapel on the side of the building. During the winter it is just a staircase into the church, but when the weather gets warmer there are tables, chairs, and umbrellas for students to do work, eat lunch and hang out there.

4. Saga’s allergen sensitive fridge

Did you ever notice the small fridge at the end of the food line by the desserts in Saga? I bet you’ve never looked through it. It’s stocked full of all allergen sensitive foods, and it’s open to anyone to try! It has muffins, granola bars, bread, individually packaged rice milk and lots of other treats. The great thing about this fridge is that a lot of the products are packaged per serving, so you can grab it now and eat it later.

If you want to share your best kept Siena Secret tweet/Instagram about it and share it with us @HerCampusSiena!

Accounting major at Siena College, graduating May 2019.