This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Spring is coming. The days of warm weather, shorts, Siena Fest, and basking in the quad are upon us my fellow students. But, what do you need for the warmer weather here on the Siena campus. For some of you, it might be the first time you’ve experienced a Siena spring and for others, maybe you wanna try out some new things so you’re not doing the same old same old. Either way, here are some ideas to make your Spring great this year!

Now, it’s not chalking up to be a very warm one this year, but that won’t stop you from needing that essential outfit; that’ll be your go to for things like Siena Fest or just trying to impress that cutie in your class. Cute dresses are always fantastic and the more lazy option if you really don’t want to do anything else with yourself that day. Whether you bought it at Forever 21 or at an online shop that sells fandom apparel, it’ll look hella cute. Dresses aren’t for everyone though, so find that cute short and top combo or capris for those cooler days that seem to never go away when we want them to. Go all out, don’t do much, or do something fantastically different, I’ll guarantee that you will be turning heads on the quad.

Speaking of the quad, or padua beach depending on what’s less full, you’re gonna need some things for just hanging out with your buds. We’ve already had a day where everyone was out on their blankets or throwing frisbees, so it’s not going to be completely new information in this paragraph. A blanket is essential. Not like a big comforter or your nice fuzzy blanket you snuggle up in when you’re watching your favorite show, but just a small one. You can get a nerdy one like I have or just an older one that you don’t mind setting on the grass for a bit, you could even try making a knot blanket if you’re feeling crafty. That dirt can get uncomfortable after a few hours of sunning yourself. Just be sure to not pick a spot near anyone playing catch when you do decide to lay outside. And, if you are going to toss a football around, be mindful of others.

The biggest thing at Siena in the Spring is Siena Fest. It’s event everyone looks forward to all year because it’s just a weekend of fun with a lot of activities going on. Now the biggest draw is the concert, but, hey, not everyone likes rap music so it’s not essential to get a ticket. Though, if you are a freshman, I would highly recommend going just for the experience of it all. You might even wind up liking one of the artists there. It happened to me when I saw Hoodie Allen last year. Going to at least one of the events going on during Siena Fest is an absolute spring time necessity though. Grab your squad and just have fun. You’ll come back with at least one good story no one will believe.

With all this going on, it might be easy to forget your classwork. It’s always essential to do your homework, even if Game of Thrones is on at the same time your ten page paper is due and all day was spent working on your drawing skills. During Spring though, on those warm days where everyone’s out, you don’t have to spend your entire day looking out the library window longingly. If you know you can focus and screen glare won’t be a huge problem, grab that blanket I talked about and sit outside. It’s more relaxing to read or write outside anyway, especially when you can take little breaks to chat with your friends.

You know what else is great? A rocking playlist for when you sit outside on campus. There’s probably going to be several people with speakers turned out their windows in Padua blasting their stuff, so no one’s going to look at you like your weird if you play yours. Don’t be shy about what you like either. If you’re into techno, go for it. Country? You’re not alone here. Rock? No one would mind too much. Just be careful about playing anything offensive and be respectful if someone asks you turn your stuff down. Head to 8tracks or spotify and start making the soundtrack to your spring here!

Siena springs are some of the best times on this campus. Grab your friends and go for it this year. Or, hey, just go out by yourself if your squad seems to be tied up in something else. Make this fun for you. Just be sure to let everyone have it be fun for them too!