This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

For this week’s article, I picked a quote a day for how I was feeling or something that was relevant to my life for the day. Touching upon everything I was feeling that day and at a specific moment, I’m really happy with how this came out! Enjoy what I put together, and hopefully it inspires you the same way it inspired me to enjoy life’s moments and bumps along the road.

Monday, April 16th

My tip/quote of the day: “If they want to leave, let them. If they push you away, go. We weren’t put on this earth to convince anyone of our worth. We’re here to learn, flourish, create, spread love, and nourish. The ones who deserve us will always make us feel appreciated.”

This past Monday absolutely lived up to its reputation for me. It was pouring and I forgot to wear a raincoat, I was sick with a head cold (AGAIN- Thanks college) and I was feeling super sad and gross. I felt overwhelmed, exhausted, and like I had been everyone’s therapist for the past week and forgot to take care of myself–which I’m guilty of doing more often than not. I felt unloved and unappreciated. I took a step back and looked in the mirror and had to remind myself how absolutely loved I am and that I can’t control whether people like me or not. But I can control myself and how I let people treat me. Sometimes we get caught up in our own problems when we’re dealing with a lot and trying to figure out what we want that we lose perspective. Remember to remind yourself what an incredible person you are. If someone doesn’t notice your worth, pushes you around, or treats you less than you deserve–let them go.

Tuesday, April 17th

Quote of the Day: “Everyday the universe is born, every passing moment is your past life; you are allowed to let go of who you used to be and be better.”

I really love this quote because it highlights how we have each day and each moment to recreate ourselves and change how the world views us or how we view ourselves. Each day I’m trying to make myself better and be a better, healthier, smarter version of me. Remember that everyday you can change yourself and give birth to a new you.

Wednesday, April 18th

Quote of the Day: “Own Who You Are.”

Super simple but super important to me. I am a complete advocate of being whoever you are and whoever you want to be. Some people don’t like me because my personality is a lot…I can light up an entire room the second I walk in; and not everyone vibes with that. I get it, it doesn’t bother me when someone doesn’t like me. I live my life everyday loving myself fully and owning the person I am. I struggled a battle against myself for years trying to fit what everyone else was doing or who everyone else wanted me to be until I realized…what’s more fun than being ME? So always be your own biggest fan and don’t worry about the people who don’t like you. I promise you it’s not personal. Remember to love yourself a little extra some days and own whoever you are because I guarantee you–you’re awesome.

Thursday, April 19th

Quote of the Day: “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace chances of new happiness.”

Looking back at this year so far I realize how much has changed already and how fast these months are flying by. One of my favorite things I’ve learned is not to be afraid of new people, energy, but more so change. I have always been someone to resent change or shy away from it but I have learned how good it is. Remember that change brings new happiness that you never thought you’d find.

Friday, April 20th

Quote of the Day: “We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the best version of us possible.”

I have made so many incredible friends along the way. People who raise me up, build my standards, remind me of my worth, and are always there when I feel like life is just sucking the big banana. Look around in your life and realize who is building you up and who is cutting you down. I don’t allow room in my own life for people who don’t understand the concept of love and raising my spirits up. Remember, you are worth the best friends possible. As humans we need people who bring us back to the start and help us hit the reset button.

Saturday, April 21st

Quote of the Day: “If we couldn’t laugh, we’d all go insane.”

My absolute favorite Jimmy Buffet quote. I had a great weekend with all my best friends celebrating in the sunshine and I realized once again, how blessed I am to have such a wonderful life and such awesome people who love me. I live life based on humor, friends, and good times. And I keep telling myself to CHERISH every moment.

Sunday, April 22nd

Quote of the Day: “I’m here for the experience.”

Simple, but I like this quote a lot. It’s funny to look back on my article for this week and see how my mood changed throughout. From Monday to today, as I write this. I am here for an experience; for the laughs, the tears, the love, and the people. I am a work in progress, growing everyday with every new experience. I am so proud of myself even with this school year and how much I’ve learned. Deep breath and keep going forward! What a wonderful life. Hopefully these quotes have touched you in some way or inspired you to get a new perspective and look at life differently.

Living every day to the fullest and trying to change the world