Musammat Uddin
Wellness

Outdoor Activities to do While in Quarantine

There are many ways to keep occupied while in quarantine, specifically, being outside can keep you grounded and posses a calm mindset. Below are a few easy activities to do outdoors while in quarantine.

Go on an Adventure

Hiking is a great option for exercise and to clear your head while getting some fresh air. Three local places to visit include Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail TrailNormanskill Farm Hiking Trail, and Barberville Falls.

Reading

Simply by going outside and opening up a good book can be an easy way to pass the time.

Have a Picnic

Gather some friends and prepare some lunch, while maintaining social distancing. Can be a great way to reconnect with friends and reflect on the year to come. 

Drive-in Movies

Recently, these have been very popular, due to the fact that individuals can see a movie while being safe. 

Finding activities during quarantine can be hard, but maybe one of these might interest you! Shoot us pics of your quarantine activities on our socials!

Magen is a Health Science major at Siena college. She loves the outdoors and being surrounded by nature. She is also the VP of club tennis and treasurer of Make a Wish on campus.