This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Summer’s coming up, and there are an infinite amount of bathing suits you could buy. Some places have really expensive ones, and to be honest, I’m not about that. If I can get one for under $30, I’m a happy camper. Now, quality does matter too, and that can be the driving factor of expensive bathing suits. But, the five I have listed below and affordable, trendy, and are quality material.

Red Deep V-Neck One Piece Swimsuit

You always have to have a good one-piece in your closet. Whether you want to pair it with a pair of shorts and a sweater for a cute beachy look or whether you just want to be more covered up, this is a great option to choose while still looking cute and stylish.

Black Lace-Up One Piece Swimsuit

This option allows you to be more covered up, and the black offers a nice slimming factor to it as well. I feel like my closet is mainly filled with blacks, grays and deep reds/maroons, so this one is comfortable for me to be in. It matches with everything because it’s black, so that’s always a plus.

Neon Pink Surplice Neck Bikini Set

Neon bathing suits always make you look more tan – which is a plus. I like that this one offers some more support and goes down a little farther over your ribs so that it doesn’t really slide around. I always try to look for matching sets when I can, instead of buying one top and one bottom and making sure they match and actually go together.

Pastel Blue Textured Knot Front Bikini Set

I like pastel colors a lot too, and they’re becoming more and more popular as time goes on. The ribbed-knit look is also becoming very popular as well. I think that the tie in the front is super cute!

Green & White Striped Shoulder Tie Bikini Set

I love how the stripes on the top and bottom go in different directions for this set! I think it adds a little something extra to the design instead of it being a completely matching design. I think the straps that tie on top of your shoulders are super cute too – it’s the little things that can make such a big difference.

I hope you were able to find a new bathing suit that you like and would like to try out! I know that each year I always feel the need to have at least one new one around, just for fun I guess, and the prices all start to add up after a while.

Nicole Caldara is Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Psychology and also had a Business minor and a Human Resource Development minor.