This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

When I first heard that Netflix was going release a series of episodes that would outline and reveal tapes from after Ted Bundy was sentenced to prison I was very fascinated to watch them. I mentioned watching the series with my roommate because I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy them or not. We decided to watch them out of pure curiosity about the notorious serial killer that everyone seems fascinated with. As I started watching, there were many thoughts that flooded my mind. Here are my thoughts about the series “The Ted Bundy Tapes.”

Ted Bundy lived a normal life.

From watching the series, I discovered that Bundy lived a normal life. He had friends as a child, he attended high school then went on to college, and he even had girlfriends. It was shocking to me how he could’ve lived such a normal live, yet have such a dark side to him.

Image Source

It’s crazy that this serial killer was so attractive.

Honestly, when I think of a serial killer, I think of someone who is a little off, or maybe seem on the creepier side. From watching this series, it became evident to me that Ted Bundy was a normal attractive young man who probably used his looks to attract his victims. It really shows you that anyone could have a dark side that you don’t know about.

It blows my mind that crimes against women were dismissed during the 1970s.

From watching the series, it soon became clear to me that crimes committed against women were not taken seriously as they hopefully would be today. From the series, one of his victims who escaped shared her story about what happened. From that point, Ted Bundy was sent to a jail, where he was left unattended with no guards and escaped. This makes me sad, because if something similar had happened to me, I would want there to be consequences for the person who attacked me.

Ted Bundy was college educated.

Personally, it is crazy to me that a serial killer would attend college and major is psychology. This information I didn’t know about Ted Bundy until watching the series on Netflix. While I was watching, all I could think of was maybe he attended college to study psychology to figure out why he had the desire to kill people.

Image Source  

If you’re on the fence about watching this series, I highly recommend it. I learned more about the notorious serial killer everyone seems to know and are fascinated with.

Cassidy Reid is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Political Science and French.