This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

The beginning of Coachella 2022 has been a bit of an interesting one; with the heavy emergence of influencers blending into high-profile celebrities, we have been able to witness a wide range of personalities at the festival. Along with this, we have also been able to see a wide range of looks; from overly minimalist, to all-out festival outfits, the looks have definitely been served! Let’s take a look at five of my favorites from both influencers and celebrities at Coachella Weekend One.

My first outfit love is from a girl I basically grew up watching on YouTube: Emma Chamberlain. Chamberlain gave us a neutral look that showcased a very Y2K pattern, and paired it with vintage glasses. Not only is the neutral-colored, tight-fitted romper a complete look, but she also finished it off with a utility-style belt that is perfect for holding your belongings. Though this may seem like a somewhat muted outfit for Coachella, I think the overall vibe of the outfit is awesome. Overall, this outfit is a super reliable and chic look from the weekend!

This next person gave us multiple looks that I absolutely adored; overall, this singer serves looks that I love pretty much on a regular basis. Doja Cat, one of the performers for Weekend 1, showed multiple looks during her performance. One that I loved in particular was a blue and orange piece that essentially, in basic terms, looked like she made it last second from yarn. I promise you, it looks amazing though. If you’ve seen Blades of Glory with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder, Doja’s outfit completely gives off their fire and ice performance vibe; it screams “ice skating show at 7, Coachella performance at 8”, yet maintains Doja’s typical outfit choices. 

Kendall Jenner, who I have always seen as a fashion icon, went for a more simplistic look during Weekend 1; though this is the case, I absolutely love it. It’s one of those outfits that I feel like almost anyone could replicate on the cheap. Jenner paired an extremely cropped white tank top with a baggy pair of white carpenter pants; she also paired the outfit with the classic square-styled sunnies and a Balenciaga bag. Though you may sit here and be like “now why the heck did you put one of the most basic outfits from Coachella on your favorites?,” trust me, it’s for a good reason. Over the past few Coachella festivals, we’ve seen the overall majority of attendees go all-out with their outfits, to the point where I’d see some outfits and think “now how is that comfortable during a festival?” Jenner’s outfit points out that Coachella can be casual, yet maintain a level of chic that we all desire.

Going into the influencer realm, I was simply surprised by some of the looks given by them! One in particular that I found that consistently gave us awesome looks was Kirsten Titus, who is a TikTok influencer who I have been following for quite a while. While she is usually the bubbly and humorous type who doesn’t dive too hard into fashion (her TikTok handle is quite literally @pepperonimuffin), she seemed to shock the crowd with some really cool looks. My favorite look of hers was the last day of the weekend, where she rocked a two piece top and skirt combo; the two-piece outfit was bright red and yellow, and came with matching gloves. She paired the outfit with an absolutely stunning makeup look as well!

Finally, my last look that I loved was showcased by none other than Harry Styles himself; as a complete Harry stan, there’s no way that I couldn’t put his performance look on this list. Not only was his performance legendary at the event, but his sequin-styled jumpsuit was perfect; it essentially gave a similar look to his outfit from his recent “As it Was” music video. The bright jumpsuit paired well with his invited musician guest, Shania Twain, who also looked stunning during the performance. Both Styles and Twain looked like their own disco balls, and absolutely killed it during their performance!

Coachella 2022 has definitely stepped the game up for future festivals going forward. From beautifully minimalistic looks, to quite literally looking like a disco ball, both celebrities and influencers gave us looks that I will definitely want to replicate. Now, I am expecting even greater outfits for weekend two!

Madison Savage is a Senior at Siena College. She is currently majoring in Marketing with a concentration in Strategic Human Resource Management. She hopes to one day be either a cosmetics marketer for Sephora or Colourpop Cosmetics, or a fashion journalist for Vogue. Her passions and hobbies include doing makeup, fashion, skiing, and writing.