Copy of HC Writers Fall Fashionpng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Copy of HC Writers Fall Fashionpng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Image Courtesy of Anaya Mitchell
Style

My Favorite Fall Staple Pieces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

If there is one thing I know, it is this: the Fall season is every fashion lover’s dream! As the leaves continue to turn and the temperature cools down, it is important to have a wardrobe that reflects our fall tastes. If fall is your favorite season or you need inspiration for what clothing is in style, I’ve put together a list of my Fall favorites!

Ankle Boots

Thankfully, it is finally boots weather! Each year, ankle boots are always one of the biggest shoe trends and it is easy to figure out why. The best ankle boots are great for summer to winter transitions that come with odd, fluctuating temperatures. If you are not fond of brisk days, it is important to have on a good pair of boots! Personally, ankle boots add a little something extra to my wardrobe and make for the best addition to my favorite outfits. Even if you’re more interested in the practicality of combat boots or tall boots, they still have the potential to compliment your outfits perfectly!

Cardigans

Cardigans are timeless Fall staples that pair well with each season because of their versatility and practicality! I know most people who enjoy wearing cardigans don’t own just one; they have various styles and colors because they are just that fashionable. If you have an outfit you want to make more formal, throwing on a cardigan can really make all the difference! Cardigans are so useful because they can also help when you need to “dress down” an outfit that is too fancy.

Scarves

There is no better time than the Fall to make scarves a clothing essential! I think scarves are such a fun accessory, because they have the power to improve the look of an outfit within seconds. They are such a versatile piece and are especially great for instantly adding a splash of color and print to your appearance! Especially when experiencing cold and unpredictable weather, a scarf is a great accessory to keep you nice and toasty warm. 

Crewneck Sweatshirts

Despite their casual nature, crewnecks are always in style. The classic look of the crewneck sweatshirt makes it one of those unique items that will always be a wardrobe necessity. Moreover, they offer so much versatility in terms of functionality and fashion! In the cooler weather, crewnecks are quite snug and breathable, especially during the Winter because they serve as an excellent form of insulation. 

Sweaters

Sweater lovers rejoice! Every year, autumn marks the official beginning of sweater weather because nothing screams “autumn” like a comfy knit sweater. Yes, really! The satisfaction that a sweater provides is unparalleled, and wearing one is like being engulfed in a soft hug that is never-ending. Who would want to pass that up? The most useful feature of sweaters is their warmth, and the best part is you can buy one for whatever level of warmth you prefer. For me, the amount of styles and colors available is both a blessing and a curse; there are so many beautiful sweaters to choose from and I always want to buy them all!

Denim Jackets

If you’re in the market for a new jacket, you need to purchase a denim jacket! For starters, they are always in fashion because even with the changing trends, the classic style of the denim jacket always remains the same. The traditional denim jacket is also very easy to match with just about any outfit. If you are having difficulty creating an eye-catching look, just remember that denim will always make the colors of your outfit pop!

Plaid Flannel

Most people recognize how cozy these shirts are because of the delicate feel that the texture offers its wearers! One of the main reasons why these shirts are so popular is because of their versatility. Meaning, you can pair a flannel with just about anything and rock your look! In the Fall and Winter months, flannels offer warm comfort when the weather outside is too chilly or rainy.

Even if you aren’t a fan of those unpredictable, crisp-weather days, it’s hard to dislike the stylish clothing pieces on this list. More often than not, these fashion essentials are the ones you will wear year after year! The best part is, they offer something different for everyone, even if your taste in clothing changes regularly. So, whether you are trying to update your seasonal wardrobe or narrow it down to the basics, this list has your closet’s best interest in mind!

Nora is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. During her time at Siena, she was an English major with minors in Writing and Communication and Educational Studies.