lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Mr. Right…No, It’s Mr. Irish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s on every girl’s fantasy list to have a foreign boyfriend…let’s be honest.

Every girl has a fantasy/bucket list. One of the top things is to date a foreign guy and hear his accent all day long. To say I got lucky, is an understatement. Out of the blue I stumbled across an Irish guy who was easy on the eyes and who I could listen to for hours on end. A thing that I thought would be a fling ended up developing into a relationship. To be honest, I think foreign men are way better than American men (sorry, guys).

I don’t mean to say every guy in the United States is barbaric because there are definitely some gentlemen left here. However, I don’t think any guy has ever been this polite or thoughtful during any date I’ve been on.

At first it’s a bit of an adjustment trying to understand each other’s customs and languages. I definitely use more Irish lingo such as “manky”, “ye” and “shite” ever since we started dating. I feel like when you date someone of a different culture you have so much to learn from each other. There were definitely some stereotypes broken; he is not a fan of Lucky Charms. 

Image Source

Our differences are refreshing and we always find a way to have a good time. From aquarium dates to food adventures we always have something to do. To say he was a hit at my school formal is an understatement. He became known as the “hot Irish boyfriend” that night. However, he’s not all sexy accent and being able to reach the top shelf. Mr. Irish has been the most considerate guy I’ve ever gone out with. He always makes me feel beautiful and notices the small things I like. For example, when I came back from spring break he was waiting for me with face masks and a chocolate bunny. If that’s not dreamy I don’t know what is. He nailed it with the chocolate and skincare. 

Part of what makes us so successful is we never fail to interest each other which is crucial in every relationship, foreign boyfriend or not. Honestly this is the best and healthiest relationship I’ve ever had because I feel like his standard for treating women is much higher than most guys we go out with here in the US. Ladies, if you can get your hands on a foreign man, 10/10 would recommend.

Miranda Almodavar is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Creative Arts during her time at Siena.