Most and Least Favorites of the Bachelor 2018 Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

As The Bachelor journey sails along, Arie Luyendyk Jr. is closer to finding a love he once thought he knew in his past bachelorette experiences. Different than many of the past bachelors, Arie is 37 years old, established and ready to find the one missing element in his story. He is one of the oldest contestants, yet his maturity and vision for his future is refreshing. Aside from Arie, we have the abundance of girls fighting for his attention and as a girl, I am sure we all know drama is destined to happen. Thus, with all of these beautiful women dating this one man, we viewers get the wonderful chance to see how one’s true self shines in desperate hope for that special rose. Unfortunately, not all of our inner beauty is revealed when jealousy and envy take the driver’s seat on the road to falling in love.

Being an avid Bachelor/Bachelorette fan, I develop favorite individuals and least favorites as I watch each episode. I am sure you, too, do the same thing when you watch your favorite shows! We all want to see a Jim and Pam kind of relationship and with some of these women on this season of The Bachelor, they are likable enough to fit that role!

ALL of the women are beautiful but my favorites of the season so far are…

1. Seinne, 27

Image source

Sienne is not only extremely beautiful, but she reveals to Bachelor fans that she graduated from Yale University! With great intelligence and her experience being a real estate manager, she proves that she is established and ready to find a genuine relationship. We also catch a glimpse of her wild side when, on her group date at the race track, she is the last woman standing after destroying every other bumper car! She is not afraid to take risks and she will go out of her comfort zone to get what she wants! With her and Arie having careers that align (because he is now involved in real estate), having so many amazing qualities, AND having a name that sounds SOOO much like Siena, how could she not be one of the favorites?

2. Tia, 26

Image source

If you’ve heard this woman speak, you would make a connection with her and a past Bachelor contestant. Tia is originally from Arkansas, which is where she knows Raven, who was on Nick Viall’s season. The two girls look and sound very similar to one another, but of course, they both have great qualities that make them unique. I like Tia because she is a very honest individual. There has been some conflict between some of the women and she lays out exactly what she is thinking. With her direct and true-to-self attitude, we know she would not keep anything from Arie. Yes, having many girls date your boyfriend is terrifying and stressful, but she handles herself very respectfully, given the circumstances. Tia clearly knows who she is and her unwillingness to change and be someone she is not makes her another fantastic woman!

3. Chelsea, 29

Image source

With Chelsea being a single mother, I have a lot of respect for her for raising a child on her own, but in the first few episodes, she was not a fan favorite. On the first few nights the show aired, she would always grab Arie’s attention without allowing other women a chance. She would also tell the other women that because she was a single mother she deserved more time than the other women. Although I do not 100% agree with this, I understand where she is coming from. Fortunately, as the season advanced my liking toward Chelsea also grew. She cooperated with the other women and on her one-on-one yacht date with Arie, she really opened up. Her genuine self was revealed. After this episode, I could really envision the two individuals as a couple because, despite her first impression, she proved she was better than that!

And of course, there are some girls that have stirred the pot in some way…

4. Bekah, 22

Image source

Bekah is a very positive and light-hearted woman, but her age really speaks a lot. Considering Arie is 37 and she is only 22, I am not quite sure if she is ready to get married when it is time. She does not have an established career yet and that really may disrupt both of the individuals’ lives. Her and Arie clearly have a connection, but could it be because she is young? Because she lacks the maturity she may have as she gets older? Don’t get me wrong, she seems like a great and fun girl, but seeing her and Arie together does make me uncomfortable. She is only 2 years older than me and I could NEVER imagine dating an individual 15 years older!

5. Krystal, 29

Image source

Initially one of my favorite contestants, she has worked her way down the list of most favorite women of the 2018 season. When first introduced to this woman, she seemed like a generous, dedicated person. Considering that she is a fitness coach, I also thought she would be one of my favorites because I value my fitness greatly, as well. Boy, did she prove me wrong! In every season there has to be a problem starter and Krystal is THAT girl. It never truly appears that her relationship with Arie was the most important priority. Instead, she wanted to convince Arie why OTHER girls are not right for him. How ridiculous is that! Krystal had been taken on the very first one-on-one date of the season and on this date she actually met Arie’s family. I believe her confidence about her relationship with the bachelor became extremely inflated after this date. Then, each week after she would continue to start trouble and reveal to us that her intentions had veered off the right track. The bowling group date showed her true focus: winning. So, when she and her group won on the date and were promised time with the bachelor afterward, she acted like a five-year-old and pouted in her room when Arie decided to let all of the girls on the date spend time with him instead of just the winning team. Her true desires involved getting the roses each week. If she wanted roses THAT badly, she didn’t have to be on the show. I am sure a grocery store near her could have provided her with very beautiful roses.

Now that less than half of the women are left on the show, I am not sure who Arie is going to pick to marry. What I do know is that whoever he chooses to get on one knee for better be there for him. I sure do not want to go on social media again just to see another Bachelor relationship fall to pieces though I know the process works for some… (Sean and Catherine Lowe and their little boy plus another on the way!)

May the roses be in your favorite woman’s favor! Happy Watching!

Thumbnail source 

Amanda Buck is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. She studied Biology during her time at Siena.