Matt O’Keefe ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Matt O’Keefe

Hometown: Delmar

Year: Junior

Major: History

Favorite Movie: Good Will Hunting

Favorite TV Show: King of Queens

Favorite Band: Zac Brown Band

Favorite Food: Chicken Parm

Favorite Athlete: Brett Gardner

Man Crush: Matthew McConnahey. He’s definitely his best in True Detective. Or all his movies . . . he’s a stud.

Favorite activity outside of Siena: I love to ride my bike around. I’ll just go on bike rides by myself if I’m stressed out and it really helps.

Favorite Sport: Basketball – I prefer college ball to the NBA. I’m a referee too so I love it.

Favorite Sport to play: Tennis! I like to play with my friends. We like to play under the lights at the town park.

Typical Outfit on a school day: If I’m not feeling well I wear sweatpants, but jeans and a nice polo shirt and nice shoes (not sneakers).

Relationship Status: Single

What do you look for in a girl? – A nice smile, and someone that can make me laugh and be able to laugh at themselves at the same time. Being able to keep up with my sense of humor is definitely a plus. It’s not attractive to me when someone is serious all the time. 

What is your ideal date? A day trip to the Adirondacks that involves kayaking, and then lunch on the water, and then hiking for the rest of the day.

Favorite Restaurant? Barnsider in Colonie. They have really good steak and an awesome salad bar. They are really known for their steaks.

What are your plans after Siena – Hopefully go to Grad school for government and public policy. I’m interested in going abroad and being a Foreign Service officer.

Biggest Pet peeve: Burping! Without saying excuse me.

Something not many people know about you? The scar on my head is from Brain surgery when I was 3 years old . . . I fell down the stairs and hit my head really hard, and there was a lot of internal bleeding so they had to do surgery.

What’s your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving! I love to play football, and eating, and then watching football.

Favorite Season: I love the Fall. It reminds me of a new school year and being able to see my friends again.

Most embarrassing moment: In middle school, one of the cutest girls in school came up to me after 5th period, and she was with her friends and she just asked me out in front of all my friends, and all her friends, and I just stood there for a couple seconds, and then I actually fainted! I had to go to the nurse’s office and missed class. But now we’re friends so it’s okay.

Ashlyn Krzyzak is a Siena College Class of 2016 alumna. During her time at Siena she was an English Education Major.