Marybeth Condon ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

As President of Stage III, Stage Manager of The Drowsy Chaperone, Dake Fellow, and Honors Student, Marybeth Condon is one of the hardest working and dedicated people I know. And as her roommate since freshmen year, I can confidently say that she’s also the best friend anyone could ask for.

Name: Marybeth Condon

Hometown: Stratford, CT

Class Year: 2016

Major: Creative Arts

Minors: Psychology, Management

Favorite animal(s)?

Turtles and hedgehogs.

Favorite ice cream flavor?

Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked, but if I could only have half of the Half Baked, it would be Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

Favorite musical?

I like The Drowsy Chaperone. And I like Fun Home. And Newsies! But I like the movie better.

How did you get involved in theatre?

When I was in first grade, my sisters took me to see the local high school show and I was like “this is cool”. Then in second grade, I did a theatre camp and that’s when I played the shadow of a tree. My grade school started a drama program, but you had to be in fourth grade to do it and I was in third grade.  I was pumped about it but then they dropped the program by the time I was in fourth grade. I didn’t actually do a show until my freshmen year of high school. My homeroom teacher was the director of the show which was Seussical. I played Young Roo, who was originally supposed to be a puppet.

Favorite show that you’ve ever been involved in?

There are a couple. Bye Bye Birdie was fun because I got to learn how to tap. AntiGone Today was fun because of the people who did it. The cast and crew were solid. It was my first real college production. An Evening of Christopher Durang was fun because it was my first time doing any sort of design (sound). And The Drowsy Chaperone was fun because I’ve loved the show for like half my life, since I saw it on Broadway when I was younger. I never thought I would actually work on it, so I was glad that I was able to work on it my senior year with such a wonderful cast and a successful production.

Why did you choose Siena?

I stepped foot on Siena’s campus for the first time with a strong determination to hate it because on the drive up my dad said he thought it would be a good school for me. We were walking around campus and I liked it and I had a moment when I actually felt like I could see myself walking around with a group of friends. But I denied that I liked Siena so much for months even though I knew that I wanted come here.  

What is your best memory from your time at Siena?

Coffeehouse my freshman year. It was the first time that I sang in front of people. As much as I was terrified, I just loved how many people wanted to come and support me. A lot of them were upperclassmen and they took an hour out of their Friday night to come watch. And I didn’t even ask them to. It was a moment when I realized how many people at Siena cared.

Kristen Bossio is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.