LUNA: The College Girl’s Super Food

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

As college students, we are consistently stressed about the requirements to reach due dates, submit internship applications, and attend an array of club meetings.

As women, we are constantly pressured to look exceptional and don a slender physique on top achieving academic excellence. We not only need to reach a 4.0 GPA, we need to fit into a dress size 4 as well.

With Hump Week behind us, some may feel the need to stress-eat Saga fries while others will be crash dieting. Although National Eating Disorder Awareness week has recently transpired, this issue is still relevant, considering the demanding point in the semester that we are currently wallowing in. Some women, particularly those in college, develop eating disorders as a stress mechanism to feel some sort of control during a period of pressure and uncertainty. However, instead of focusing on body weight to alleviate the heavy weight of midterms, focusing on staying refreshed, nourished, and healthy will alleviate far more pressure than binge eating and crash dieting.

A great example of a quick, filling and nourishing treat is a mix between a granola and protein bar from Her Campus’s own sponsor, Luna. Luna Bars are a super food for college-aged women because they are packed with vitamins and nutrients to stay full and focused. One Luna bar is 70% organic, delivers 9 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber. These bars are packed with the “core four” vitamins, consisting of calcium, vitamin D, folic acid, and iron. These additives are essential to women’s health and keep the body feeling full for an extended period of time. They are the ideal snack to bring with you to the library during long study sessions and will keep you feeling more alert than Saga fries or an empty stomach. Since these bars are rich in protein, they are also the ultimate snack to munch on while you’re racing to class after a workout in the MAC. You can pick up your own weekday secret weapon to help you get through the day through Her Campus Siena’s various giveaways on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. 

Angela DeRosso is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English.