Love and Compassion: Trashion Fashion 2016

Siena Fest is packed with tons of campus events, socialization, and is a time to neglect that research paper you should’ve started months ago. To kick-start Siena Fest’s fun-filled weekend was the 8th Annual Trashion Fashion show, sponsored by Siena College’s Stage III and Creative Arts Department.

This year’s theme was “Love and Compassion” and was directed by our very own Her Campus writer Kristen Bossio. Former Her Campus Siena profiles Kenney Alexandre ‘17 and Shane Cronin ‘16 hosted the show, providing descriptions of each outfit, comedic banter and even a dance-off.

Pictured left to right: Shane Cronin '16 and Kenney Alexandre '17 

17 models hit the stage sporting outfits made out of anything from their favorite snacks’ wrappers to the leftover posters from some of Stage 3’s productions.

The show ended with the two daughters of Obadiah Savage (Technical Director) and Dr. Christi Spain-Savage strutting their stuff down the runway to Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off.”  Their dresses were made out of wrapping paper, which they claimed took “a hundred years to make.”

Pictured left to right: Vivian and Harper Savage

During the final judging, Kenney and Shane invited members of the audience to take on the runway with their best model walks, poses and sick dance moves.  Concluding the strut-off was a dance battle between the two MCs - one that the audience simply couldn’t resist!

In case you missed the event (which is quite unfortunate if you did), the winners are as follows:

First Place: Kristen Bossio (Designer and Model; Her Campus Siena writer)

Second Place: Clare Reilly (Designer and Model)

Third Place: Amanda Ida (Designer) and Kayla Joy (Designer and Model)

First Runner Up: Samantha Voelker (Designer) and Nichol Feldtz (Model)

Second Runner Up: Taylor Young (Designer) and Sarah Abbott (Model)

Third Runner Up: Morgan Schnackertz (Designer and Model)

Congrats to all of the designers and models who participated!  Let’s wait and see what next year has in store!

All photos are taken by Katria Foster.

Angelina is an eccentric, theatre-loving NYC girl who moved to a college in the Albany area hoping for a scenic change.  She is a Creative Arts major with a double minor in Marketing and Broadcast & Society.  Forgetting that she isn't Wonder Woman (although she wishes she was), Angelina is heavily involved in campus through Her Campus, Siena College Women's Rugby, Stage 3 (Siena's Theatre Club), reporting for the Communications Department and interning at WVCR 88.3 The Saint -- the oncampus radio station.  Just recently, Angelina was awarded The Morrell Family Scholarship for Broadcast Journalism/Communications.  She hopes to someday take the world by storm and work in television, radio &/or special events.