Girl On Rooftop Nyc
Girl On Rooftop Nyc
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Long Island has so many great places to visit! As a local, I know all the best places! 

Here are some of my favorite places to go!

The Bridge Cafe

You cannot be from my town without growing up at the Bridge Cafe, or as we call it Bridget’s. This is a small, cute, diner-like restaurant in the middle of Bayville, NY. They have amazing food on the cheaper side with BIG proportions. All the locals know to go here, and it was the perfect spot for my friends and I to go when we couldn’t drive. They only stay open until 3 p.m. and serve breakfast and lunch, so don’t miss out!

Center Island Beach

If you play any sport, this is the perfect place to go. There is an extremely well-kept turf field right next to the water that the local schools use but is open to anyone. You can practice football, field hockey, lacrosse, etc. and then jump in the water to cool off! Or just come to catch a game! A big plus is that the sunsets here are some of the best I’ve seen on Long Island, so it’s definitely worth checking out!

Long Beach

This is by far my favorite place on Long Island. Long Beach is filled with amazing restaurants with beachfront views, little shops, and typical beach town vibes. In the Summer, this town is filled not only with locals, but with people from all over, who come to surf the smaller, yet exciting waves. They offer surf camps for all ages (yes, for adults), which I’ve personally done and loved. The boardwalk is so much fun to walk, bike ride, or skateboard with family or friends! It’s great exercise and doesn’t even feel like it. Also, there are food trucks right off of the boardwalk open in the Summer, and I highly suggest visiting the Acai Truck after a long day at the beach! Make sure to check out Minnesotas, while you’re there also, it’s some of the best food I ever had. Overall, Long Beach is the perfect beach town that often goes under the raptor compared to Montauk and the Hamptons, which tends to get more attention

The Adventure Park Long Island

One of the most fun, yet scariest places I’ve ever been is here. As someone who is afraid of heights, climbing in the trees surpassing several obstacles on different rope courses isn’t necessarily ideal, but it’s totally worth it! The Adventure Park is a great place to go on a date, or with some friends. It’s something that is adventurous and different, who wouldn’t like it?! They have different hours and events depending on the season, in the Summer when it starts they light all the trees up for glow in the dark climbing. This is definitely worth checking out, and this is coming from a girl afraid of heights: I promise it’s not that bad and you are in a harness the whole time!!

Catch out these places, you won’t regret it! 

Tori is a senior at Siena College. She is a communications journalism major and hopes to become a journalist for National Geographic or the New York Times and also creatively write. She enjoys Mcdonalds, eating, hanging out with friends, surfing, hiking, and Netflix. Follow her on instagram to see her adventures @torimangelli.