This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It is my third year in college, and I haven’t exactly had the best luck with my roommates so far…until this year. I’ve been best friends with my current roommate, Anna, since freshman year. We met during orientation week at one of the ice breaker events and found out pretty quickly that we lived right next to each other! Since that day, we’ve been there for each other through some fun and wild times and there for each other when we needed it. I already have two sisters, but she’s like a third sister to me. We started living together this year and here are some of the many perks I’ve found about living with my bestie!

Being Right There

One of my favorite parts about living with Anna is that we get to see each other a lot! She lives in California and I live in New York, so over breaks and vacations we don’t really get to see each other. It’s great being able to hang out with your bestie pretty much every day.

Experiencing Life Together

I love being able to make memories being roommates! We’ve already made so many memories together as best friends but living together is even better. We’ve gotten a lot closer since we started living together (if that’s even possible) and experiencing all of the ups and downs of college life is a lot better with her there to help. It’s nice being able to talk to your best friend right after something exciting happens or if you need to spill some tea instead of having to wait a long time!

Deciding on What to Wear

I’m not always the most decisive about choosing an outfit, so it’s helpful to have my bestie there to ask for advice! Having another person double check to make sure your outfit matches and to give you a boost of confidence helps a ton. We help each other get ready to go out for dinner, and she’s even helped put white spots on my holy cow Halloween costume when I couldn’t figure out what would look best.

Getting to Binge Your Favorite Shows

The last show we finished was Sex and The City, which is definitely one of my favorite shows I’ve ever watched. Anna had already seen it, and I’d never heard of it before she told me about it. It was our favorite show to watch right before going to sleep each night and it was something we both looked forward to during the school day.

Now we watch the Bachelor together, which is another one of our favorites. She insists that Hannah Ann is her favorite, but she’s my least favorite! I hope Peter chooses someone besides her! Even though we might not agree on who the winner or our favorite person on the Bachelor might be, I love watching the show with her. It makes it more fun!

All the Inside Jokes

Anna and I have too many inside jokes to keep track of at this point, and that’s one of the things I love the most about our friendship. We’re so close that we aren’t afraid to be ourselves around each other, whether that’s munching on dark chocolate trailmix right before bed or jamming out to Taylor Swift and dancing around our room.

I hope everyone gets the chance to live with their best friend at some point in their life. Whether it’s while you’re in college or not, you should! It’s one of my favorite things about college and I don’t know what I’d do without her.

Nikki Gazdik is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Accounting during her time at Siena.