Kristian Payne ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Name: Kristian Payne

Hometown: Salem, NY

Year: Junior

Major: Finance

While interviewing Kris, his strong sense of humor kept me laughing. You can find him walking around campus with his squash ratchet sticking out from his backpack or wearing fun pants that he got from India. Check out more about him here:

Her Campus Siena: What is one thing most people do not know about you?

Kris: Most people probably don’t know that I’m still trying to get to know myself. I’ve got big plans and dreams. Siena is doing a great part in building who I am from the time I was 18 years old.

HCS: If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would they be?

Kris: I would definitely bring a water purifier, a GoPro with unlimited battery/memory space and a decent sized machete.

HCS:  What are some of your hobbies?

Kris: My hobbies include acting, filmmaking, traveling, archery, and squash.

HCS: What are you involved in on campus?

Kris: I’m involved in Student Senate and Siena Squash Club.

HCS: Can you tell me some of the positions you have held in Senate?

Kris: Last year I was the 2016 president and now I am secretary.

HCS: I know you spent last semester abroad in India. Can you share your favorite memory from your study abroad experience?

Kris: Favorite memory was definitely when me and my friend from NYC (Eddie) had explored a little too far one trip. We had only a bag of maps to help us out (no cell phones) and we used them to find the nearest village. On the way to the village we got lost in the woods and after a couple hours we decided to stop moving and take rest. We had used some rope/ a blanket that we had and built a mini hammock where we took turns sleeping. I swear I heard soooo many critters in the woods that night. Then shortly after sunrise we were startled by a wild boar grunting and making a lot of noise as it ran by. Following the boar was a small Indian man (about 5 feet tall) with a rusty looking rifle. We had approached the man and he was just as confused as we were. Now for the rest of the story everyone else has to ask me in person.. 

HCS: What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?

Kris: Making my parents proud.

HCS: What is something that is on your bucket list?

Kris: To visit North Korea.

HCS: What is a quote that you live by?

Kris: I don’t live by any quotes, I make up my own.

HCS: Advice you have to underclassmen?

Kris: Don’t be a wussy; get out of your comfort zone. Meet new people, listen to upperclassmen advice (within reasoning), and do what others are afraid of doing. 

RaShonda Jones is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing.