This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Justin Bieber changes album cover
Def Jam
I honestly don’t think there’s too much of a difference between Changes Justice, but I think thats what makes Justice so great! Justin has really evolved and brought a more mature sound to his music as he brings in a lot of themes of long term commitment and faith.  I read that in order to achieve this he chose to embrace the quiet and create a schedule for himself that would limit the time spent focusing on the not-so-great things going on in our world. He did this by getting rid of his cell phone, dedicated himself to therapy, and cut off any work he was doing by six p.m. every night so he could spend quality time with his wife Hailey, *cue major awes & heart eyes*. I honestly think we could all benefit from this type of schedule now and then. He says that this change provided him with the space to transform this album into a mix of soft-focus romantic with some recalls of 80’s pop and reflective in “Deserve you” and “Anyone”, and confessional ballads about searching for forgiveness like “Lonely.” Then of course we have “Peaches,” which I can totally see being *the* song to blast in your car with the windows down this summer as a warm breeze blows through your hair and we remember just how good life is.  

I gotta say for me personally this is the first album in a long time that didn’t make me want to skip any songs! I’ve listened to the entire thing all the way through from start to finsh with my roomate too many times to count already, and its only been out for about a week.  Even the last five or so that were more recently added onto the album are all “certified bops.” There’re songs featuring other artists we all know and love like, Jaden Smith (anyone else get some “never say never” nostalgia seeing that?), Quavo, DaBaby, Tori Kelly, and Lil Uzi Vert. All of these new features can be found on his Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe) album. Now keep in mind this album review is coming from someone who’s loved Justin Bieber since he stepped out onto the music scene. However despite that, I can tell you with absolute certainty that even if you didn’t like him then, there’s a much better chance you’ll like his music now. 

people at a concert
Photo by Nainoa Shizuru from Unsplash
If you’re also a Justin Beiber fan (past or present) or maybe just want to feel some super chill or up-beat vibes, then I highly reccomend you give this album a well deserved listen through from start to finish. There’s something for everyone! Just know I’ll be one of the first ones waiting to score a ticket as soon as he’s able to put this baby on tour because this really is one heck of an album. 

Emma Henderson is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Communications with a focus in Journalism, and she minored in Writing.