Jenna Schweigler ’19 – Her Campus Siena Staff Member

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever wonder who the wonderful ladies are behind the Her Campus Siena articles? This year you’ll find out! Check back in every now and then for our profiles of each member of the amazing Her Campus Siena team.

Name: Jenna Schweigler

Year: 2019 / Junior

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Mahopac, NY

HC Siena: Why did you choose your major?

JS: I was undecided for so long, and I had no complaints. The deadline to declare as a sophomore was quickly approaching and I was enrolled in financial accounting. My teacher was amazing, I was doing well in the class and I was really enjoying it. I also feel I will have endless opportunities after graduation, especially with the reputation Siena has for its accounting program.

HC Siena: Why did you want to get involved with Her Campus Siena?

JS: I had a lot of friends in the club and they were all pushing me to get involved. It was such a welcoming environment, the meetings were fun and the girls are all so friendly…that’s what kept me coming back each week.

HC Siena: What is your favorite part of working with Her Campus?

JS: Before Her Campus, I didn’t really like writing. I only knew writing as a class assignment of a research paper or a book report. Now that I get to write about things I am passionate about, I really enjoy it. The time I take to write my articles are “me time” where I grab a coffee and just sit with me and my thoughts.  

HC Siena: Out of all the articles you have written, which one is your favorite and why?

JS: “Obama & Biden are totally relationship goals”. Mostly because I think Joe Biden has never taken a bad picture and he just always looks like the most perfect BFF. They were such a cool duo and they brought some young energy to the white house. Although, stay tuned because I have some pretty fun article ideas in the bank!

HC Siena: What is something that makes you happy?

JS: Chocolate…any kind. Just a nice big bar please.

HC Siena: What would your memoir be called and why?

JS: Play Nice in the Sandbox. This was something my mom would say to my sisters and me all the time when we were growing up. It was basically meant to mean don’t start problems and be friendly to everyone. Now that I am on my own at college I am constantly regurgitating this phrase at my friends. The girl world can be a nasty place and sometimes it’s easier to just let things blow over rather than to ‘start throwing sand’.

HC Siena: If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring?

JS: Oh god please don’t make me answer this question. I would not survive long on a stranded island. Maybe I would bring an airplane and get the hell out of there.

HC Siena: If you could choose a mentor, who would it be?

JS: Megyn Kelly. God bless this amazing woman. Read her book please and you will see just how much she has overcome. If I can go through life with half as much strength, drive and passion as her then I will have done something right. She stands up to those who look down upon her, and she has proved to everyone that no amount of resistance can keep a strong, educated woman from rising up and dominating their field. Also, most importantly, her book’s title, “Settle For More” is maybe the greatest statement to live by.

HC Siena: Why do you think everyone should read Her Campus Siena?

JS: Her Campus has fun articles and they are written by your own peers. It is a great way to keep up to date on your campus and through profile pieces you can learn about new people who make an impact in your learning community. Also, as a writer, it is the most amazing feeling when someone from your school compliments you on an article you have written.