Hump Week Siena Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Believe it or not, Hump Week is next week! Student Events Board has planned a whole week of fun event to destress. The Hump Week events are the perfect time to take a break from studying and have some fun. The theme this semester is Mystery. During the week, there will be FREE T-shirts handed out at the events. Everyone’s favorite event is returning to campus (Therapy Dogs) along with new events. Don’t miss out!

Here’s the list of events (Oct. 24-28):

Monday 10/24 (7-9 p.m): Hocus Pocus Event with Candy Bar & Popcorn in Casey’s!

Hocus Pocus is everyone’s favorite Halloween movie. Come to Casey’s on Monday to watch the movie. There will be a candy bar and popcorn, which are the perfect study break snacks. 

Tuesday 10/25 (7-8:30 p.m): Haunted House in SSU 241-243 with Stage III

The famous Haunted House put on by Stage III is back! Come with a group of friends so you’re not as afraid. 

Wednesday 10/26 (11:30-1:30 p.m): Scooby Doo Day in SSU 241-243 with Jimmy John’s, Mystery Machine Instagram Board, Mummy Races (and more)!

Scooby Doo was a popular TV show for all of us growing up. Why not take a break between classes to play some fun Scooby Doo-themed games, take pictures with a Mystery Machine Instagram board, and eat some delicious Jimmy John’s sandwiches?

Thursday 10/27 (8-11 p.m): Escape the Room Event in SSU 240 with Coffeehouse! (Get there early, sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m)

What is an escape room, you ask? An Escape Room is a physical adventure game in which players are locked in a room and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles and escape within a set time limit. The games are physical versions of “escape the room” video games.

Friday 10/28 (12-1:30 p.m): Therapy Dogs in SSU 240!

Therapy Dogs is one of my personal favorite events on campus. This year there will be about 20 dogs on campus for Siena students to enjoy. If you miss your dog and want to pretend you have a dog for an hour, this is a perfect event for you. 

RaShonda Jones is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing.