This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

1)   Know where you are going and what you want. If you don’t, you’ll probably get trampled trying to make up your mind.

2)   If you are staking out for that television at Best Buy or that Victoria’s Secret steal, dress for the elements. Don’t freeze.

3)   Plan your shopping trip like you are going into battle. Know what stores you need to go to first, and what items you want the most. Be precise and be quick. Go, see, and conquer.

4)   Use a cross-body bag or purse. Ladies, this is a no brainer. The more hands you have free means the more bags you can end up carrying, and that means the more you can buy! Duh.

5)   Eat and drink. This sounds obvious, but everyone loves a good sale and it’s easy to get overly excited about saving money. So please, let’s not get dehydrated or starve here.

6)   Bring money. This is kind of really obvious.

7)   The most important thing: STAY SANE. It’s just a shopping trip, that’s all. If you want to bite, kick, punch, or murder the people around you, it might be time to go home. Saving a few bucks isn’t worth going to jail over. Well… not really. 

Megan Salavantis is a Siena College Class of 2018. Megan majored in English at Siena during those four years.