High Heel Standards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

As women we have a love/hate relationship with our high heels and sometimes it correlates with the men in our life. It is one of the oldest sayings in the books “Beauty is pain”, and some of us are willing to pay the price in order to look amazing, while others are not. This correlates to our standard for men, while some women will dress for the Leonardo Dicaprios in the room, others will not. A wise woman once said, “Keep your heels, head and standards high.” That wise women was the one and only Coco Chanel. Listed below are our heel standards compared to our favorite male celebrities!

1. Christian Louboutin

The Queen of Heels! Owning a pair of Christian Louboutin high heels is the dream and the women who rock a pair have the highest of standards. They are flawlessly designed and every girl dreams of one day rocking those red bottomed heels. They are the Leonardo Dicaprio of heels, and held to the highest of standards . Leo is every girl’s dream man just as Lou is are every woman’s dream heel! 

2. Jimmy Choo

Jimmy Choo’s are the David Beckham of the high heel game. This hot and cut heel will have heads turn and you will truly feel like a winner. David Beckham is winning in the world of soccer and you are winning in the world of style. Fierce is your middle name for the night and no one is going to stop you from scoring goals!

3.  Alexander McQueen

Alexander McQueens are the Taylor Kinney’s of the ball. In case you didn’t know, Taylor Kinney is Lady Gaga’s boyfriend and these heels have been seen on her from time to time.  If you hold high creative standards and love to stand out, you will be flaunting these bad boys!

4. Gucci

The James Franco of Heels! Sharp and sassy, Gucci high heels set you up for an amazing evening and people will surely be “peanut butter and jealous” of you! These heels set the tone for a night out. While they are cute, they are still a little immature, just like Mr. Franco! But who doesn’t love James Franco?

5.  T.J. Maxx

T.J. Maxx heels are funky and fun. They are the Jimmy Fallon’s of the high heel world. You hold the style of a “Maxxinista” and will surely brag about the deal you received on your new heels to all your friends. Like Mr. Fallon you aren’t afraid of a deal and laugh.

6.  Payless 

Payless heels are the Riff Raff of the high heel game. They are cheap and you can always find them. An adventurous night awaits you and you will surely run into Riff Raff along the way. While Payless heels are cheap and no girl can resist a good deal on shoes, they are not for every occasion, much like Riff Raff. He is only cool for a while and then we have to grow up.

Nicolette DiMaggio is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied Finance during her time at Siena.