This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Is anyone else constantly looking for new shows to watch on Netflix? Ever since quarantine started, I feel like I’ve gone through so many shows that I constantly want to find more! Some time last year, I found a show that kept me on the edge of my seat, and they just released another season! Good Girls is a crime comedy-drama show that will keep you on the edge of your seat, while making you laugh at the same time. Being one of the shows I found in the deep of quarantine, I watched through it pretty quickly, but now with more seasons there’s more substance to look forward to!

girls rule written on socks by Pexels
Photo by CoWomen from Pexels

The show is based around three main characters: Beth and Annie, who are sisters, and their best friend Ruby. The story begins on the plot line of them being fed up with not getting the proper treatment they deserve at their places of work and slowly turning on their jobs, and lives as they know them, to commit crime. They’re all independent and strong women who won’t settle for anything but the best for themselves. From the outside, these three women seem to be completely normal and put together to the extent that no one would ever question their actions. Beth is the mom to four kids who she loves dearly, and does a good job in putting up the front of being the “perfect mother” and the “perfect wife,” even though her husband is cheating on her. Annie’s life is a bit more of a mess, but she tries so hard to do what she can to support her and her kid. Ruby is married to a cop, has two children, and works an innocent job to support the medical bills for her daughter. Nothing too crazy right? Wrong.

Not too long after they all get fed up at their jobs and at the events taking place in their lives, they begin to try and plan a heist in order to get more money that they’ll split between one another until they have enough to pay bills and support themselves. What they don’t know is that this one attempt will get them into much more trouble when they get involved with a much bigger operation. Throughout the show they go through hoops to try and help the operation that they got involved with, save some money for themselves, and of course continue to put up the front that they’re all living relatively normal lives. Just when you think one problem is solved, another one starts again and there’s more and more added to the story. With the constant curveballs this show will keep you on the edge of your seat, but you’ll be laughing along the way. The real question is, will these three women ever get their normal lives back? Or are they stuck in this new world from now on?

her campus media
Good Girls has three of their seasons on Netflix, but there is a fourth that came out not too long ago and is streamed on NBC and free for users! This show was easily one of my favorite watches in quarantine and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good mystery/crime show but also one that’s filled with comedy and drama. There is never a dull moment with Beth, Annie and Ruby; if you find yourself looking for a new show to watch be sure to give Good Girls a shot!

Jessica Dery is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing and minored in Human Resources.