Friends Walking Together 3
Friends Walking Together 3
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Now, I know during tough times like these, it can be really hard to stay motivated. I’m hoping that these cute ideas will have you hopeful and looking forward to good times and amazing girls nights with your friends! So, here’s a few ideas for girls nights that fit any mood (once we’re allowed to be within six feet of each other again!).

netflix logo on flat screen tv
Thibault Penin

Movie or TV Series Night

This one is a classic, relaxing girls night that’s sure to please everybody. Grab your buds, make or bring some delicious snacks (popcorn encouraged, but not required), kick back, and watch some movies! Netflix has a huge range of genres, so maybe try a movie you guys have never heard of. Who knows, it could be a new favorite! Into scary movies? How about romance? Whether you pick a theme and have a movie marathon, or binge a series together, this is a popular and easy way to hang with the girls.

valentine nails
JillWellington

Self-Care Night

This is a personal favorite, because who doesn’t like face masks and some cozy pjs? Throw on your favorite slippers, listen to some chill music, and get your relaxation on with your girls! A typical night of self-care can include anything from face masks and hair masks to nail painting, or anything else you want to include! I like to throw together some healthy snacks to share, and that just adds to the fun.

Taiwan Night Market
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

GNO 

A GNO can range from dressing cute and hitting the party scene, to going bowling in sweats. This idea can go in so many different directions, so feel free to make it your own! You can go out to eat, see a movie, go somewhere for a weekend getaway, or go somewhere for a fun photoshoot! It’s up to you, but you can’t go wrong with a girl’s night out.

Women eating bruschetta together
Pexels / Adrienn

Restaurant Crawl

This is something I have yet to try, but I want to! My friends and I decided we’d try a restaurant crawl this summer with our favorite restaurants. How this works: You go to one restaurant for an appetizer, another restaurant for an entree, then another for dessert. If you want to shake it up, you could try different kinds of foods in the process. For example, maybe you could start with potato skins from your favorite American pub, enjoy some Chinese food and fried rice for your main meal, then finish with some Italian tiramisu or cannolis! Whatever the combination may be, you’re in for a delicious and filling meal!

Dim Sum
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Dinner or Potluck Night 

If a restaurant crawl sounds expensive, or maybe you just don’t feel like leaving the house, try a dinner night or a potluck. If you guys feel up for it, get together, bring your favorite dinner and dessert recipes, and get cooking! You can make a night of it and cook the dishes together, or bring them prepared and enjoy the feast together. Either way, this is a fun way to see what your friends like to eat, and get some recipes of foods you enjoyed.

I understand that many of these ideas will have to wait until social distancing isn’t an issue anymore, but look how much you have to look forward to! This summer should be filled with sunshine, fresh air, and many girls nights. Until then, hang in there. There are still ways to talk to your friends while staying in, too! You can have dinner dates over video chat like Zoom or FaceTime, or you can even watch movies in real time together over Netflix Party, which allows people to have movie nights and chat from different locations. We’ll get through this! Stay healthy and stay in, these girls night ideas will be so worth the wait!

Avery is a senior Economics major, with minors in Business and French, at Siena College. Naturally, being from Massachusetts, she’s a big fan of the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots! Some of her favorite things include hiking and adventuring with her friends.