Freshmen Dorm Series: Hines Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Want the inside scoop on Siena’s freshmen dorms? We’ve got you covered! In our freshman dorm series, we’ll share our tips, tricks, and insider info for living in each of the freshman halls! First up: Hines Hall!

What we love about Hines:

1. The sinks! Hines people love the sinks that can be found in some of the rooms. Your morning-routine will be that much easier being able to wash your face, brush your teeth, wash your hands, etc. all in your room. Plus, come flu-season, it’s easy to make sure that you wash your hands often when you have a sink eight feet away from your desk.

2. Hines has TWO printers within the building! The one on the first floor is a color printer, and the one on the second floor is a black and white printer. These are located in the building’s two computer labs that are perfect for any late-night study sessions or homework assignments! It’s much more convenient than running to the library before that 8 a.m. class. Insider tip: sometimes the printers run out of paper, so be sure to have a small personal stock of paper in your room for those last-minute prints.

3. The high ceilings. Hines has higher ceilings than Ryan and Plassmann, so it can make the room feel bigger than it is. Also, the rooms are slightly bigger than the other two halls’. Insider info: Not all of the Hines rooms are the same sizes – some are slightly larger than others!

4. The closets! Each Hines room has one built-in closet that’s super spacious and has plenty of high storage room. These closets are great for storing all of your clothes, accessories, suitcases – you name it!

Places in Hines we love:

1. The 5th Floor Lounge – Hines has a lounge on the 5th floor that has a foosball table, a giant flatscreen, and a bunch of tables and cubbies for studying or hanging out with friends.

2. The ITS department (Information Technology Systems) is located on the first floor of Hines. If you ever have any tech issues, you don’t have to go too far for help!

3. The campus chapel! St. Mary of the Angels Chapel is located right next to Hines. You don’t even have to leave Hines to get there. On the second floor, there is a hallway that connects right to the chapel. It’s a great place to relax, find some quiet time, and meet some of the friars.

4. Utilize the chapel’s patio. Right outside of the St. Mary of the Angels Chapel is a patio. It’s another quiet spot that’s great for catching up with friends, reading, and chilling.

Besides these awesome places that Hines has to offer, make sure to keep your door open and hang out in the common areas. These are great ways to meet new people on your floor and get to know your neighbors, especially with the spacious and open layout of Hines!

For some of you, Hines will be the place where you begin your incredible, insightful, exciting, challenging, and memorable time at Siena. Take advantage of all it has to offer! If you have any other questions that you want answered about Hines or freshmen life in general, be sure to comment them on the Hines post on our Facebook page and make sure to look out for our other upcoming articles on freshman life at Siena!

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @hercampussiena!