This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

October is filled with cool breezes, leaves changing colors, adventuring with friends, and most importantly, the Halloween spirit. Take advantage of the perfect weather and embrace the outdoors and all of its beauty. Also, don’t forget to unleash your inner fall/Halloween spirit and get creative with some spooky crafts!

Go Apple Picking

Such a fun and easy fall festive adventure is going apple picking. With the cool fall breeze upon us, throw on your favorite flannel and go to any orchard to pick delicious apples. Make sure you admire all of the beautiful colored leaves around you and don’t forget to take cute fall pictures of you and your friends! After a long day of picking apples, relax by drinking apple cider and baking a fresh apple pie.

Carve a Pumpkin

One of the best parts of October is being able to pick the biggest pumpkin in the patch and go home to carve a jack-o-lantern. Don’t forget to bake the pumpkin seeds you scoop out to enjoy as a snack. The best way to carve your pumpkin is to invite your friends over, have an endless amount of snacks to choose from, and listen to music all night. There are so many different spooky things you can carve into your pumpkin, so let your creativity take over and carve the coolest pumpkin this Halloween season.

Watch All Your Favorite Halloween Movies

October first is the beginning of spooky season, and there is no better way to embrace the Halloween spirit than watching all of your favorite Halloween movies. Cuddle up in a fuzzy blanket and just devote a day to watching Hocus Poccus, The Adam’s Family, and Halloweentown. Or if your in the mood for a thrilling treat, have a horror film marathon. Whether it is the Nightmare Before Christmas or Annabella, we can all agree that October is filled with the best spooky movies around.

Make a Spooky Basket

Become one with your creativity and make the ultimate spooky basket for someone special. Gather up their favorite candy, fuzzy socks, a fluffy blanket, and any other halloween essential gift and go to town! Try to find a Halloween festive bucket to put everything into. Set up a big Halloween party filled with mysterious potion drinks, candy galore, candy apples, and the monster mash to exchange the spooky baskets with all of your friends.

Go to a Haunted House

Nothing gets you into the Halloween spirit than adventuring into a haunted house huddled together with your friends. The thrill of walking through and never knowing what or when something will jump out at you next is an unbeatable adrenaline rush. Whether it be a haunted house or a field of horror get, get your fright on this october season!

October is one of the best months filled with beautiful fall foliage and tons of activities from scary movie marathons to baking apple pies. This October take advantage of everything there is to do. Go out there and have fun and try to get in the Halloween spirit!

Diana Locoteta is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Biochemistry.