Five Awesome Subscription Boxes You Should Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

As of late, subscription boxes are the “it” thing. If you don’t know what they are, they’re a bit like a magazine subscription; you pay a fee each month and in return you get a box filled with sample or full sized items. Subscription boxes make it easier to try samples of new products, to get new things, and to get a nice surprise in your mailbox each month. The best part is that you can find a box on almost anything that interests you. There’s subscription boxes for beauty products, for clothes, for food, and even boxes for your pets!

Here are five super cool subscription boxes you should check out!

Birchbox:

Birchbox is one of the more well-known subscription boxes. For just $10 a month you receive five beauty, hair, skincare, or fragrance products specifically tailored to your beauty profile. If you write a quick review for your samples online, you receive 10 points to use in the Birchbox shop. 100 points equals a free $10 to use towards a full size of your favorite sample!

Ipsy:

Another well-known beauty subscription box is Ipsy, started by YouTube makeup guru Michelle Phan. For $10 each month subscribers get a makeup bag with 4-5 full-sized or deluxe-sized sample beauty products based on your beauty quiz results. The website also features tutorials from the company’s stylists involving each product!

Stitch Fix:

If you love shopping, but don’t have time to hit the mall then you should totally look into Stitch Fix! For $20 a box, a personal stylist sends you five pieces for you to choose from and then you send what you don’t want back. You only pay for what you keep and the $20 you pay up front is used towards your final order.

Bark Box:

If you’re looking for a box for your special canine friend, make sure you check out Bark Box! For just $19 a month, you’ll receive 4-6 of products special for your dog such as toys, hygiene products, and all-natural treats. If your pup really likes the box and wants to recommend it to a friend, make sure to send your referral link to get a free box!

Try The World:

This box is super cool for the aspiring travelers. Every two months you receive a box filled with gourmet food from a different country. Each box includes 6-9 food items and a culture guide with each box. Though this box is a bit pricier than the others, with the least expensive subscription plan averaging out to $33 a month, it’s still a really great value!

Justyna Staccio is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English.