Of course I had to make my last Her Campus article everrrr a fashion one…how could I not?

As girl who is about to move to New York City for the first time (*cue the happy and anxious tears*), of course fashion is on my mind. So let’s take a look at this summer’s fashion trends, shall we?

Mint Green

Oh my god, I am so happy that this trend is back. Mint green, although a pastel, transforms itself in summer. Not only is it a nice light and minty fresh color for spring, but a bold color choice for summer. Mint green is definitely a statement piece without all the jazz, but still equally eye catching.

As one who loves a good monochrome outfit (and just bought a mint green suit as a “You Got the Job!” present to herself…peep the blazer I bought), mint is the perfect color. It catches the eye, the color isn’t overpower to the palette, and a breathtakingly bold, simple color.

From mint co-ods to jeans to khakis to bralettes, mint green will surely dominate this summer’s fashion trend.

Puff Sleeves

Over the years, puff sleeves have definitely been making a comeback, and I think 2021 might just be their time to shine.

Puff sleeves are such a nice way to add an extra feminine touch to any outfit, but still eye catching in its volume. From dresses to shirts, this sleeves adds a since of elegance that can be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion.

Over-Sized

I love a good over-sized look (even if I can’t pull it off). It’s comfy, boxy, and looks great with a cinched in waist and a killer belt.

With the hot weather of the summer, over-sized pieces can make a hot, normal fitting blazer feel a whole like lighter and airy when it goes up a few sizes. It’s a great way to take traditional winter pieces and spice things up for summer. Keep the tailored look without the overheating part.

Crop Tops/Bralettes as Shirts

Crop tops and bralettes are staying this time around and they’re becoming center pieces. Dare I say that crop top and bralette are the new shirt?

Try out these fashion trends this summer and you sure to be the best in fashion!

Alyssa Guzman is a Senior at Siena College, and is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Siena. She is currently Double Majoring in English and Communications Journalism with a minor in Writing and Communications. She hopes to one day be a New York Times Bestselling Author in Fiction, but plans on starting in the journalism world with dreams of writing for Cosmopolitan or the New York Times. In her free time, she enjoys fashion, writing, and listening to the newest Taylor Swift release.