Fall Trend Alert: Cheetah Print

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

One of the biggest trends this fall season is cheetah print! Here’s some pro tips on how to rock it without looking too “wild.”

1. Keep it down to just one piece.

Cheetah print is sure to make a statement, so only wear one item of cheetah and keep the rest neutral.

2. It goes best with black and white.

Nothing is more simple than black and white, so if you pair your cheetah with this combo, you’ll be sure it’s not too overbearing.

3. Accessorize!

I love wearing cheetah in an accessory to add a fun pop to an otherwise boring outfit. My favorite is a cheetah scarf I have that works perfectly as a headband.

4. Pay attention to the pattern.

Not all cheetah prints are the same! Some look cheesier than others, so try to choose ones that look rich and not outdated or cheap. I think it looks best when the colors are darker and very neutral, without too much yellow or other colors mixed in.

5. Play with textures.

Especially with fall vibes coming, I’ve found it’s super fun to mix cheetah print with other textures. Fuzzy jackets, silky slip dresses and tops, and velvet are some of my favs. Since cheetah is wild on its own, adding other textures to your look will help balance it out.

6. Layers!  

A great way to turn down the effect of a loud statement piece is by adding layers on top of it. Try jackets and sweaters over your favorite cheetah pieces to make them more wearable.

All Images By Author

Emma Burkard is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Writing and Communications.