Emma Burkard ’19 – Her Campus Siena Staff Member & Future HCS Campus Correspondent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever wonder who the wonderful ladies are behind the Her Campus Siena articles? This semester you’ll find out! Check back in every now and then for our profiles of each member of the amazing Her Campus Siena team. 

Name: Emma Burkard

Year: 2019 / Sophomore 

Major: English with minor in Writing and Communications

Hometown: Clifton Park, NY

HC Siena: Why did you choose your major? 

EB: I have always been interested in writing and reading, and it has been a source of inspiration for me from a very young age. I am very interested in being able to write things to share my thoughts, feelings, and knowledge with other people, as well as read things that other writers want to share. I would love to write for a magazine or journal one day.

HC Siena: Why did you want to get involved with Her Campus Siena? 

EB: I saw Her Campus originally as a great way to get to know like-minded women at my school. I saw that the club involved fashion, lifestyle, and all different kinds of things that I’m interested in, and I thought it would be a really fun club to join and meet new people.

HC Siena: What is your favorite part of working with Her Campus? 

EB: I love being able to write articles that people at my school actually read and care about because they’re about topics that are relevant to them. I also love just being part of a group of amazing women who I have a lot in common with and how we are able to make an impact on people at our school.

HC Siena: Out of all the articles you have written, which one is your favorite and why? 

EB: This year I wrote an article that was a “Guide to Pearlpalooza,” which is a music festival which takes place in Albany. I put together outfit ideas, reviews of the artists who were playing there, and information of what the event is like. I love writing about these topics and events that are in the local area, so it was just a fun article for me to write.

HC Siena: What is something that makes you happy? 

EB: Adventures.

HC Siena: What would your memoir be called and why? 

EB: “Confessions of a Part-Time Adventurer.”

HC Siena: If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring? 

EB: A camera, liquid eyeliner, a satellite phone to call for help (duh).

HC Siena: If you could choose a mentor, who would it be? 

EB: Audrey Hepburn

HC Siena: Why do you think everyone should read Her Campus Siena? 

EB: Because our articles are often extremely relevant and entertaining to a lot of people at Siena as well as many college students in general.