yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Easy Ways to Decorate Pumpkins For Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Instead of carving pumpkins and making a mess everywhere in your dorm, it’s much easier to decorate them! Besides not having to worry about the pumpkin mush, choosing not carving your pumpkin will help it last longer.

Here are some simple ideas if you want to decorate pumpkins for your dorm!

1. Paint!!

Via Pinterest

Paint is an inexpensive and fun way to decorate pumpkins for Halloween. There are so many different ways to paint them! You can make it spooky and use Halloween-themed colors or use your favorite colors so it goes with the color theme of your room!

2. Glitter bomb it.

Via Pinterest

If you love sparkle and want to add something shiny to your room, glitter is the perfect way to decorate your pumpkins! Just use a paintbrush to put glue on the outside of the pumpkin and cover it in as much glitter as you want!

3. Use nail polish!

Via Pinterest

Sticking to a budget in college can be difficult, but you don’t have to waste your money with this decorating idea! Using your own nail polish to decorate a pumpkin is an easy way to save money and it’ll turn out the same way as paint would.

4. Leaves!

Via Pinterest

Go outside and grab some small colorful leaves to put on your pumpkin! You can glue the leaves on in whatever pattern you like and this way you could keep your pumpkin for longer than Halloween since it’s more fall related.

5. Color it with Sharpies or markers.

Via Pinterest

Almost everyone has Sharpies or markers so if you don’t have your own, ask a friend to borrow theirs! It’s super easy to color with Sharpies/markers and you can create as many designs as you want without having to do any cleanup!

If you’re in need of a little inspiration, go to Pinterest!  You’ll find lots of creative designs and ideas there!

Nikki Gazdik is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Accounting during her time at Siena.