Tea people
Tea people
Unsplash / Jason Leung
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Drinks
Alex Frank / Spoon
As compared to traditional green tea – where the tea leaves are steeped or brewed – matcha is made by stone grinding young green tea leaf buds into a fine powder. Dunkin’s Matcha Latte’s feature high-quality matcha green tea powder (produced in Japan) where the finest matcha has been grown for hundreds of years. Blended with guests’ choice of milk for a fresh, vibrant green tea flavor balanced with subtle sweetness, Matcha Lattes can be served hot, iced or frozen.

In search of a new drink, I tried Dunkin’s Matcha Iced Latte, and I have probably gone back so many times to get it. I prefer to have my drink with almond milk, for taste, with no sweeteners. I tried with and without sugar added and there was no taste difference. If your in search of a drink that is close to green tea and low in sugar, Dunkins matcha is fit for you. 

spoon of matcha powder
Photo by Matcha and CO on Unsplash
I highly recommend for anyone willing to try!

Magen Fortin is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Health Studies/Health Sciences at her time at Siena.