This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s hard not being able to go out with a lot of your friends as we try our best to stay safe and healthy during this pandemic. There is that one safety net we can always fall back on in a time of extreme boredom, alone or together: binge watching, the fan-favorite pastime of humans worldwide. Lying around in comfy clothes, bowl of [insert snack of choice here] by your side, maybe even a friend or two nearby as you glue your eyes to the screen for endless hours on end as your heart forms lifelong attachments to people that aren’t even real. Can you think of anything more glorious? Here are some of my personal recommendations.

The Vampire Diaries

I start this list with a personal favorite of mine. This show simply does not get enough credit, as it’s bashed by haters who’ve never even taken the time to watch it. The Vampire Diaries provides viewers with eight seasons — about 22-24 episodes per season, 40 minutes each, filled with endless drama, dark comedy, action and romance as the show explores the worlds of the supernatural. Not to mention a top-notch cast of drool-over-worthy characters. Better yet, there are not one, but TWO sequel series, to make sure your attachment to your favorite vamps, wolves and witches never has to die. If you’re looking for something for the long-haul, this is your show.

Shameless

You know when you pass a car wreck on the highway that’s terribly awful, but you can’t seem to look away from it? Shameless is that car wreck. 10 seasons of 12 one-hour long episodes that depict the ultimate car-wreck family that you can’t help but feel angry, sad, laugh at/with and love. Like the real world, everyone has their own, very real problems to deal with, we’re all trying to navigate this car-wreck we have to call life. And I must say, they really do it quite shamelessly. If you’ve got the time and want to feel a little bit better about your own problems, this show is definitely for you.

Dead to Me

If you have Netflix, love a good murder plot, and appreciate a whole lot of irony, Dead to Me will keep you on the edge of your seat. This two-season show — with a third on the way — depicts two lonely, middle aged women trying to navigate their two completely different worlds of loss with the help of their support group, only with a DEADLY twist (which I won’t spoil for you, but I promise it’s good). With ~spooky~ season on it’s way, this currently short and sweet, slice of life, comedic thriller will satisfy all that you crave in a binge-worthy series.

How to Get Away with Murder

Speaking of spooky — this show really pegs the horrifying things people will do in order to stay in power. Staring the queen herself, Viola Davis, this six-season show will constantly keep you on the edge of your seat as you follow this Scooby-gang of law students who constantly strive to satisfy their hunger for power, success, and a little bit of murder. I can almost guarantee that you will never be able to guess what’s coming next. If you’re into having your mind being in a constant state of blown you won’t be able to get enough of this show.

If you end up watching all of these shows, this will hopefully keep you busy well into next year, and if you pace yourself (which will be hard, I know) maybe into the start of next semester. So grab your fuzzy socks, some snacks, some hot chocolate and some socially-distanced friends, and get started on this list. Happy Bingeing!

Samantha Fazio is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.