Best Upstate New York Vacation Spots

Looking for something to do (when Corona subsides) and you have no clue what? Here are 10 local vacations in Upstate New York that have tons of activities for you to do (on-site and off-site) that you won't get sick of.

1. 1. The Sagamore Resort - Bolton Landing, New York

It's located at 110 Sagamore Road, Bolton Landing, NY, 12814

Why go? This spot provides resort amenities (swimming, lake fishing and private hikes), as well as off-site activities (for all seasons) such as hiking, biking, swimming, golf, mini-golf, indoor rock climbing, bowling, picnics, museums, cruises and horseback riding.

2. 2. Geneva on the Lake - Geneva, New York

It's located at 1001 Lochland Road, Geneva, NY, 14456

Why go? The activities here include: wine tours, music festivals, art shows, skating, museums and shopping!

Kayla Bacon-Paddle Board Summer
  3. 3. The Point Resort - Saranac Lake, New York

It's located at 222 Beaverwood Road, Saranac Lake, NY, 12983

Why go? The Point Resort has so many activities on Saranac Lake, including fishing, boating, waterskiing, swimming, kayaking, hiking, ice fishing, ice skating, skiing and bonfires.

4. 4. Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa - Lake Placid, New York

It's located at 77 Mirror Lake Drive, Lake Placid, NY, 12946

Why go? They have boat tours, boat rentals, skating, skiing, museums, theaters, hiking, cooking classes, and swimming are just some of the activities offered here.

5. 5. Whiteface Lodge - Lake Placid, New York

It's located at 7 Whiteface Inn Lane, Lake Placid, NY, 12946

Why go? There's so much to do here!

Some off-site activities include: hiking, skiing, dog sledding, boating, biking, golf and fishing.

Some on-site activities include: swimming, fishing, sports club, camping, skiing, skating and movie showings.

Woman standing
  6. 6. Yaddo Gardens - Saratoga Springs, New York

It's located at 312 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866

Why go? Yaddo is a spot where artists are welcome to showcase their artwork and come for inspiration - literature, visual arts, musical compositions, performance and film/television are all the major art forms that are fostered in this environment. Tours of this historic mansion and garden are offered when the weather is nice.

7. 7. McGregor Winery - Dundee, New York

It's located at 5503 Dutch Street, Dundee, NY, 14837

Why go? Like wine? They offer wine tours and picnics, along with wine tastings are the major events that take place here.

8. 8. Whitaker Park - Lowville, New York

It's located at 5836 Whitaker Road, Lowville, NY, 13367

Why go? Need a good place to spend some time outdoors? Whitaker has sports fields, camping, picnics, play areas and hiking are the most popular activities for this park.

9. 9. The Wild Center - Tupper Lake, New York

It's located at 45 Museum Drive, Tupper Lake, NY, 12986

Why go? So. Much. To. Do! Activities here include: suspending yourself over the ground on a net that is hanging horizontally over the ground, hiking, exploring inside of giant tree trunks, and a giant man made birds nest with a beautiful view over the forest - all done while being 30 feet above the ground. Additionally, you have a chance to see some of the 900+ live Adirondack animals that roam the forest.

Colorado travel hiking mountains trees nature backpack trail high
  10. 10. Frederick Farms - Clifton Springs, New York

It's located at 2090 McBurney Road, Clifton Springs, NY, 14432

Why go? Come here for a calming and relaxing day of seeing a huge field of…sunflowers! You are also able to see the farm animals and enjoy hayrides.

I hope you find a cool spot to take your next local vacation! Have fun!!!