This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Fall is full of pumpkin spice and colorful trees. Being a college student during this time of year can be difficult because it’s hard getting back into the swing of school assignments, but here is a list of some fun fall activities that won’t take up your whole day of studying. 

Apple Picking

Spend a few hours on a sunny autumn day picking apples at a local orchard. Not only will this not break the bank, but it’s a great way to get outside and have healthy snacks in your dorm room later.

Pumpkin Painting

Another fall staple is pumpkins. But carving out jack o’lanterns is a bit of a messy process. Substitute carving for pumpkin painting. Invite a few friends over and create some decorations for your room!

Run a 5K

Here is a fun activity that might not have been the first to come to your mind. If you are an athletic person, or want to push yourself towards a new goal, fall is a great time to register to run a 5K. Many local 5K races occur during this time of year because it is not too hot, and with the race really only taking up two hours of your day, you’ll have time to nap AND study after.

Register for a Walk

Not ready for a 5K race? There are also a lot of walks that occur during this season to raise money for different organizations. Many organizations that raise money for different nonprofits hold fun walks that are a great way to enjoy some fresh air all while supporting a great cause. Some walks even occur right on college campuses!

Visit a Farm

Cute animals and cute picture opportunities. Farms during fall also have great produce and apple cider donuts to enjoy. This is another chance to get outside before it gets too cold, and who doesn’t love seeing some animals while we’re away from our pets at school?

These activities are the best for college students because it gets you out of a study room and are not too expensive. They also do not take up all day, so if you have a big test on Monday, you can carve out two hours on Saturday to enjoy this time of year!

Natalie Valachovic is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Political Science during her time at Siena.