This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Throughout the 20 years of my life, I have came across different songs that perfectly relate to how I am feeling. No matter what mood I am in, there is always a song that I can relate to. Here are just a few examples of the relationships I have made between moods and songs, classic rock edition.

1. If you miss someone, the song for you is “Wish You Were Here,” by Pink Floyd. Although this song is said to be about the members of Pink Floyd reminiscing about the times with one of their former band members, it can also be applied to whomever you wish were with you.

Image Source

2. When you are struggling to make a difficult decision, you should listen to “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door,” by Guns N’ Roses. The song tells a story about a person of authority who has to make decisions that might cause suffering to others. Whatever you may chose, if there is no clear right and wrong answer, you will definitely be able to relate to this song.

Image Source

3. If you are in the mood to escape reality, “Imagine” by John Lennon is the perfect song to listen. It describes a peaceful world with no war, crime, hate, hunger, poverty and much more.

Image Source

4. For those of you in a good mood, the song for you is “The Joker,” by Steve Miller Band. This is my favorite song to sing-a-long to when I am happy, and I hope it is the same for you!

Image Source

5. When you feel like you have been unfairly judged by others, the best song to listen to is “What It’s Like,” by Everlast. This song is about how people judge certain individuals without ever walking in their shoes. If someone has ever criticized you without knowing you, or what you have been through, you will definitely be able to relate to this song.

Image Source

6. For those of you who admire a role model, the perfect song for you is “Maybe I’m Amazed,” by Paul McCartney. Although this song is about one’s love for a significant other, I believe it can be about someone looking up to a role model as well. For example, you could be amazed by your parents, professors, coaches, or even friends.

Image Source  

Emily Weinert is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Economics and Actuarial Sciences.