Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Herojpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Herojpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

The Basic, Key Elements that You Need to Know About Your Astrology

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever wanted to know your fate, whether it was truly written in the stars? Turns out, it’s really not so hard to learn. Well, the basics anyway. As long as you know some basic information, like your birthday, birth time, and where you were born, you’ll be able to get a better understanding at why you may be the way you are.

Sun Sign

Your Sun sign is the most easily identifiable sign: it’s your main zodiac, the one based off of your birthday. It should express your true essence, and how you most closely identify. It will very much be the center of what you consider your individuality. While I won’t go into the specific traits of each sign, as they are all different in their own ways, they can be categorized by their element: Water, Earth, Fire and Air. Here are a few characteristics of each element, which should also help you better your other elements.

Water (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio): Emotional, intuitive, mysterious, refreshing or overpowering, value security, creative, heart over logic, observant, dreamers.

Earth (Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus): grounded, stubborn, honest/blunt, not very emotional, work driven, materialistic, committed, practical, hard-working.

Fire (Sagittarius, Aries, Leo): passionate, impatient, impulsive, lustful, aggressive, egotistical, instinctual, leaders, the partiers, strong, independent.

Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius): intelligent, elusive, hard to read, communicators, logic over heart, philosophical, free-spirited, advocators, open-minded.

Rising Sign

Have you ever wondered why the way other people describe you may sound completely different to how you view yourself? You can thank your Rising sign for that. This sign is all about your social personality, or how you come across to other people. It can also be reflected in your physical body and even your outward style. Essentially, this is going to be your personality at an extremely at-the-surface level.

Moon Sign

Your Moon is going to reflect the other part of you that few, if any people, may get to fully see. This is going to reflect your inner self, and how you may handle your emotions and fears. It will also give insight into the way you love and feel, and even plays a role on who you may be attracted to. Typically, your Moon sign is going to reveal your most unguarded version of yourself, stemming from the depths of your subconscious. It may come to light more frequently during times of stress.

It’s important to remember that these are only the basics of understanding your astrology, and there are so many others factors that play into your personality. There are many websites that will tell you all about them if you plug in your birth information. If you really want to get technical, Astro Future is a great app that will get into the nitty gritty of your zodiac, and will even give you insight into a daily horoscope reading. Happy reading!

Samantha Fazio is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.