Amy Polchinski ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Name: Amy Polchinski

Hometown: Mahopac, NY

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Favorite Snack Food: Popcorn

Favorite Movie: Harry Potter (“no shame”)

In just the short time we spent chatting at Casey’s, it was evident to me that Amy Polchinski embodies all that being a Siena College celebrity entails. With her fierce sense of leadership and bubbly personality, Amy balances schoolwork and her many extracurricular activities, all while keeping a smile on her face! Check out her story here:

Her Campus Siena: What are you involved in on campus?

Amy Polchinski: I am the Student Events Board Vice Chairperson, a SAINT orientation leader, and a Mr. Siena committee member. I was also a part of the Ryan Hall council and I work with Relay for Life.

HCS: Wow, that’s a lot of extracurriculars! Do you have a favorite? If so, which one?

AP: I do actually. I enjoy working with SEB because of the opportunity to provide events for students and seeing the happiness it brings them. I also like the opportunity to meet new friends and to see Siena grow as a campus.

HCS: Of all the SEB events you guys put together for the student body, do any stand out as your favorite?

AP: Planning Sienafest is definitely my favorite. So much planning goes into it, but allowing us all to come together at one event is really rewarding. SEB Coffeehouse sponsored Bingo is definitely my favorite event to go to. I won an iPad once so I am very loyal to bingo! But just being a part of a team is what’s the most fun.

HCS: I know the details of Sienafest are kept super top-secret but are there any hints you can give me of what to expect this year?

AP: Expect bigger and better ideas, a high-energy theme, and new events attracting more people. It’ll be something to bring your friends to. Look forward to announcements in March!

HCS: With so many leadership roles, I have to ask, what are your future career aspirations?

AP: Moving forward, I want to pursue a career in Occupational Therapy. I envision myself working with kids in a school setting. I believe that in serving others we promote better humanity among ourselves. To me, helping kids would be helping future leaders. Also, I love playing with kids so if I could incorporate that into OT that would be great!

HCS: Do you have a public figure, whether they be famous or on-campus, who you look up to?

AP: Emma Watson. She’s a rock star. Also, Ryan Moran. He’s a senior who I met through SEB. He’s so bubbly and is definitely a role model of leadership and working hard in school.

HCS: Any advice for others on how to get involved on campus?

AP: Try something new and out of your comfort zone. The things you’re most afraid of are what teach you the most and are the most rewarding. It is also a way to meet new people and make connections. Try coming to bingo or open mic nights. There’s also a kickball game coming up in March. Resident hall events are fun, too!

HCS: I like ending my pieces with some positive “WOW”. Any closing “Words of Wisdom”?

AP: “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. Also, dream big and don’t lose sight of your goals. Don’t forget to laugh a lot!

Courtney Flood is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Psychology.