Alison Digena ’18 – Senate Vice President, Senior Week Coordinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

You’ve probably seen Ali running around campus with a messy bun or dressed up for a meeting. No in between.

Name: Alison Digena

Year: 2018 / Senior

Major: Psychology

Minor: Health Studies

Hometown: Clifton Park, NY

Her Campus Siena: What’s your favorite thing about Siena?

Ali Digena: I love the small feel of our campus, which gives you more opportunities for being involved in things.

HCS: What kind of things are you involved with on campus?

AD: I am the Vice President of Student Senate, part of the McGuire Society, and the committee chair for my class’s senior week.

HCS: What’s your favorite part about being the Vice President of Senate and what kinds of things do you do with that position?

AD: I like being able to hear student’s concerns and work with administration and the school in general to see those problems fixed. I think it’s really cool to see that your voice matters and that I can help fix things on campus.

HCS: Have you done anything else cool during your time here at Siena?

AD: I got to study abroad in London, England and I traveled to 14 countries during that semester. One of my favorite things that I did was when I was a tour guide I was able to lead alumni on a tour of Siena; I loved learning so much about the school and hearing all of their stories from going here.

HCS: What was your favorite country you went to other than England?

AD: I loved going to Italy. I went to Rome, Florence and the Amalfi Coast (Amalfi, Atrani, Positano, Pompeii, Capri & Napoli) and got to tour there for a week and a half. I went to a winery on the top of Mount Vesuvius, toured Pompeii, and did a boat tour around Capri.

HCS: What’s your favorite building on campus?

AD: McGuire hall, because I love working there and everybody there is amazing!

HCS: Who is your favorite staff member at Siena/someone on campus you look up to?

AD: Nikki Hogan, she retired over the summer but she was an admissions counselor at Siena. She’s a really fun person and always served as a mentor for me when I needed her!

HCS: What’s your favorite article of clothing that you own?

AD: There was a coat I was obsessed with at the boutique I work at, and all of the girls I work with got it for me for my 21st birthday.

HCS: What’s your favorite song right now?

AD: Los Angeles by Saint Vincent

HCS: Tell me a random fun fact about yourself.

AD: I was born with two holes in my heart, but they healed by the time I was 4.

HCS: What’s your favorite restaurant?

AD: La Fiesta in Clifton Park.

HCS: What’s your favorite movie?

AD: When Harry Met Sally. Notting Hill is my second favorite movie. When I was in London, I went to the bookstore from the movie just so I could say I went there. I also did the Sound of Music tour when I was in Austria if that counts for anything.

HCS: What’s your favorite Disney movie?

AD: The Emperor’s New Groove

HCS: What’s your favorite TV show?

AD: The Mindy Project, Mindy Kaling is my idol.

Now it’s time for a quick fire round!

Coffee or Tea? Tea

Dogs or Cats? Dogs

Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla

Winter or Summer? Summer

Dancing or Singing? Singing

Pancakes or Waffles? Waffles

Snakes or Sharks? Sharks

Horror Movie or Comedy Movie? Comedy

Who’s your favorite coworker? Emma Burkard

Emma Burkard is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Writing and Communications.