7 People We Fell in Love With in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It would be an understatement to say that 2016 was an emotional roller coaster from start to finish; we laughed, we cried, we celebrated, we pined. But above all of these emotions, we loved, and these are the people that most captured the hearts of HC Siena in 2016:

Gif source

Lin-Manuel Miranda

“He writes incredible lyrics, and is dedicated to making unique art. He basically has the most insanely precious personality! His good morning and good night tweets are very inspirational and reassuring if you’re having a bad day!”

-Kristen P.

Gif source

Millie Bobby Brown

“Do I even need to explain? She’s fab.”

-Emma B.

GIf source

Halsey

“I’ve been with her since she started, so it’s nice to see her finally getting the attention she deserves. Her voice blows me away!”

-Alana T.

Gif source

Cory Michael Smith

“Smith plays Edward Nygma (The Riddler) on Gotham. The show has been on for a few years, but I just started it a couple of months ago. Smith’s performance is so compelling, especially when you consider that he started out as being the farthest thing from a villain. He also have an amazing performance in a short film called Dog Food, which you can find really easily on YouTube.”

-Rachel C.

Selena Gomez

“Her AMA speech addressing mental health and her personal struggles was so powerful.”

-Katey K.

Gif source

Diego Luna

“I’ve been a big fan of Luna’s for years, and although I’m slightly annoyed the world is finally starting to catch on to how incredible he is, I’m happy he’s finally getting the recognition he deserves! You can catch Luna in Star Wars: Rogue One but I finally watched him in Y Tu Mama Tambien earlier this year, and that’s the performance that got me hooked! I think he’s become such an important advocate for diversity in the film industry today, his Latin charm can get anyone on board with his causes.”

-Susana G.

Gif source

Cillian Murphy

“I know he’s been around for awhile now, but if you haven’t taken notice of him especially for his work in Peaky Blinders, you should!”

-Nicole P.

Susana Garcia is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.