6 Ways to Stop Procrastinating 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s that time of year again! We’re struggling to make it through finals and stay focused, but the weather has finally gotten itself together and will distract us from doing anything productive. Here’s how to try and stop procrastinating so you can finish the year strong!

1. Write down all your goals

Seeing a list of everything you have to do can get you started. Start checking off things so it makes you feel like your accomplishing little by little. Making lists can also destress you and make you avoid procrastinating because it’ll stop making you feel overwhelmed by all the work you have to do.

2. Set an earlier due date

For the person who loves to wait until last minute and works best under pressure, pretending the due date is earlier than it actually forces you to get it started and into that crunch mindset.

3. Reward yourself

Giving yourself a reward (after finishing something!) is a great incentive to get going.

Gif Source:

4. Break it down 

Breaking your work down into sections helps to make it so you’re not overwhelmed. Planning on writing a paragraph a day of your essay can help you to feel as if you don’t have as much work to do and get a little accomplished at a time and before you know it you’re done!

5. Get out of your room

Going to the library or working at a desk can help you not be distracted by all that’s going on in your room and the tempting bed and TV. Getting up and out helps you focus. 

Gif Source:

6. Put down all your electronics

Gif Source:

Psychology major with a biology minor at Siena College. Graduating in 2019. All things food, photography, fashion, and travel. Studying abroad Spring 2018.