5 Ways to Start the Semester Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

A new semester means a fresh start! The classes and grades from last semester are in the past. Now, it is time to make this your best semester yet! Here are 5 ways to start the semester off right:

1. Set Goals

Setting goals is one of the best ways to start the semester off right.  Know what you want to accomplish for the semester and how you plan on accomplishing it. Do you want to make new friends? What GPA would you like to earn? Any clubs you want to join? These are some of the questions you can ask yourself before the semester starts. That way, as soon as you return, you can start working towards these goals.

2. Clean Up Your Living Space (Or Redecorate)

Nothing can give a boost to your new year’s fresh start efforts like making changes to your environment. Your surroundings influence a lot about your life. You will have a hard time making changes when you’re sitting in the same old messy room all the time. A new semester is a perfect time to change it up! Take some time before the beginning of the semester to clean your dorm. Even try putting up new posters and redecorate a little. Fresh change is good.

3. Be Optimistic

A new semester is a fresh beginning for you. You can make the changes in your life and become the person you want to be. Don’t look at the new semester as a bad thing. Embrace it as something exciting to look forward to. If you think about the semester in a positive way, it is bound to be a great semester.

4. Exercise

After a long winter break of doing nothing, it may seem hard to get back into the swing of working out, but it is super important if you want to start the semester off right. It will not only keep you in shape, it will give you energy and put you in an overall better mood. Work exercise into your weekly schedule.

5. Get Your Calendar Together

Make sure you know when your exams are and when you have papers due. This is a wonderful way to start the semester off right. You can take a look at your calendar and know when everything is due and when you have free time. Without a well-organized calendar, it will be difficult to manage all of your assignments and extracurricular activities. So do yourself a favor and make sure you keep your calendar up to date for the semester!

Use these tips to go out and make this the best semester yet! 

RaShonda Jones is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing.