5 Things to be Thankful for When Going Home for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Students tend to get excited when Thanksgiving break comes along since, for most college students, it will be their first time of the semester where they will actually go home. They get to spend time away from school and the stress of college and be with family.

Here are some things to be thankful for when going home for the break:

1. Seeing family

Whether that be just your immediate family or extended family, it’s always nice to be able to see family  Being at school and having all the stress of school does not make having time for your family easy.

2. Seeing friends

Seeing friends that you keep in touch with is always fun because you can swap stories about how college is going for you.

Gif Source

3. Having decent meals

The food at school is not always the best, so it’s always nice to have good food. Especially Thanksgiving food, because who doesn’t love Thanksgiving food?

4. Seeing your fur babies

This one is a big one because no one can have pets on campus and there can be a long period of time of not seeing any animals which makes seeing your fur babies even more special.

5. Sleeping in your own bed

Sleeping on a good mattress in your own room is probably one of the best feelings when going home. Also, the fact that you do not have to share a room with anyone is nice for a while.

Gif Source

Have a fun Thanksgiving break everyone!

Thumbnail Source

Melanie Moran is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. She studied Accounting during her time at Siena.