Style > Beauty

5 Simple Ways To Boost Your Confidence When You’re Feeling Down

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

We all feel a little down on ourselves from time to time. Whether someone just broke up with you, or someone knocked down your confidence, here are five quick ways to make yourself feel better again! (This article in no way provides a list of what girls should/should not do. It is simply a suggestion to perk yourself up and boost your confidence.)

1. Spray Tan

It’s always nice to feel tan and glowing! Spray tanning in a booth takes as little as three minutes and can instantly make you feel dazzling! Be sure to exfoliate and shave first, then head on into your local spray tan salon and watch the magic happen! My go-to place is St. Croix Tan. They offer three different levels of spray tans: light, medium, or dark. It never comes out blotchy or orangey! Tip of advice: Never go darker than what they suggest.

Image Source

2. Get your nails done

Getting your nails done is one of the best ways to pamper yourself! Sit back, relax and be pampered. Leave with nails on fleek! Get a bright color when feeling down; that way every time you look at your hands you’re like “damnnn girl!

Image Source

3. Book an appointment with your hairdresser

Maybe it’s time for a new hairstyle! Add in some simple highlights or go all-out and chop off your locks! You’ll feel like a new person (and likely get many compliments). Or just ask for a blow-out. Your hairdresser will hook you up with a wash and blow-dry, leaving your hair clean and luscious for days.

Image Source

4. Go to the gym!

Science has shown that exercise releases chemicals in our brains that make us happy! Get your anger out and blast your favorite tunes, or go with no music and just let your thoughts flow! You’ll feel like a million bucks. (Plus you can binge eat pizza after without all that guilt.)

Image Source

5. Smile!

Nothing screams confidence like a smile! Turn your frown upside down, go for a walk and smile! There is so much to be happy about! Never let the negative vibes ruin your happiness.

Image Source 

Nadia Kasianczuk is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Psychology during her time at Siena.