This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It is officially cozy time and there is nothing that we love more than living in baggy sweatshirts, bonfires and being cuddled up in a warm blanket watching a spooky movie. As college students, we are always on the go, and forget to appreciate all of the great things about fall. With this being said, let’s discuss five reasons why fall is the best season.

1. Apple picking

Image source

Apple picking is a great way to get bang for your buck while spending time with friends and family. Nothing beats fresh picked apples, and the cider donuts and apple cider that can also be purchased are delicious!

2. The changing of the leaves

Image source

The most unique aspect of fall is the changing of the leaves. One of the best ways to appreciate this beautiful change in nature is by going on hikes. I recommend visiting Plotter Kill Preserve in Rotterdam, New York for a scenic and rewarding hike.

3. Football

Image source

Everyone loves a good football game, especially when your favorite team is winning.

4. Fall scented candles

Image source

A great way to relax after a long day is by lighting a fall scented candle from Bath & Body Works! My favorite fall scents are Apple Cinnamon Cider, Hot Cocoa & Cream and Marshmallow Fireside.

5. Halloween

Image source

It’s always fun to dress up and experience some spookiness with friends. The Double M Haunted Hayrides in Malta, New York is a great place to begin your Halloween adventures!

Samantha Welsher is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Mathematics during her time at Siena.