yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s that time of year again; the leaves are changing, the weather’s turning and we want nothing more than to turn off the lights, grab some popcorn and bundle up for a good SCARE….or a laugh and a blast from Halloween’s past if you’re like me. Here are some not so spooky (but maybe a little), and ever-so-classic Halloween movies you must watch this season!

Gif Source

1. Halloweentown

Gif Source

First up on the list is Halloweentown – what Halloween must-see movie list is complete without it? Much cheese, very Halloween.

2. Monster House

Gif Source

This gem of a movie doesn’t receive nearly as much attention as it deserves. It has it all: horror, suspense, comedy and a band of misfit kids…need I say more?

3. Coraline

Gif Source

I don’t know about you but I still don’t think I could watch this movie alone. When I think of horror, I certainly don’t think of animated movies, but Coraline gets the job done. This spooky movie surely embodies the spirit of Halloween.

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Gif Source

Christmas movie or Halloween? It’s up for debate. Either way, this flick is suitable for both seasons (or any time of year)! Kudos to Tim Burton for making Christmas spooky, it definitely gave me nightmares!

5. Ghostbusters

Gif Source

Who you gonna call?? To come watch Ghostbusters with you?! If you haven’t already seen Ghostbusters I and II stop reading and go watch them now. You’re in for a good laugh, and some scares with these movies. These may be my favorite Halloween throwbacks on the list!

Anna Kaiser is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing and Management with an interest in writing.