5 Must-Read Quick Reads Before You Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

If you’re like me, you love to read, but you can never find time during the school year (unless it’s for academics). If you’re not like me, you either find time or hate reading. No matter who you are, these 5 books are ones you need to get around to reading ASAP. These 5 books are rather short and are jam-packed with life and fulfilling lessons.

The Little Prince

by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (83 pages)

The Little Prince is a beautiful, poetic novella about a boy’s journey through the universe. The pages are covered in elegant watercolors. Although a children’s book, it contains eloquent structure and profound words of wisdom.

SOURCE

Milk and Honey

by Rupi Kaur (204 pages)

Milk and Honey is a book of poetry (and sketches) recently released by a young woman about her experiences with love, loss, and recovery. Her words are few but powerful and relatable.

SOURCE

We Should All Be Feminists

by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (49 pages)

We Should All Be Feminists is an essay on the definition of Feminism. The movement has acquired such a negative reputation over time, and this piece is a reminder of what “feminism” actually means.

SOURCE

Man’s Search for Meaning

by Viktor E. Frankl (168 pages)

Man’s Search for Meaning is a mind-blowing book. It is Frankl’s account of his time in Auschwitz from a psychotherapeutic perspective of the meaning of life.  

SOURCE

What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding

by Kristin Newman (291 pages)

What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding is a memoir of raw beauty, love, and independence. It is Newman’s account of how she traveled the world instead of starting a family right away and all the amazing lessons she learned through that experience. (Okay, it’s not that quick of a read, but TOTALLY worth it).

SOURCE

Each of these books will provide you with advice, lessons, and wisdom for a different aspect of yourself. One for Mind. One for Soul. One for Heart. One for Past. One for Future. You will not be disappointed by these works.

READ ON!

Karina Wojnar is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna.