5 Cute, Quick Ways to Wear a Scarf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

The cold weather is soon approaching. A scarf is the perfect accessory to wear on chilly days. Below there are 5 different cute and quick ways to wear a scarf with step-by-step directions.

1. Classic Loop

Put the scarf around your neck and pull one end down slightly longer. Wrap that end around your neck and let both ends hang. 

2. Figure 8 Knot

Fold your scarf in half and drape it around your neck. Take a single tail and pull it through the loop draped on the other side of your neck. Then twist the loop 180 degrees to create a second loop, and pull the second tail end through that loop. Pull apart the fabric and adjust the way it sits on your chest.

3. The Necklace

Fold a long scarf if half lengthwise. Grab the diagonal ends and knot them together. Put it over your neck, then twist it and loop again.

4. French Knot

Just fold the scarf in half and put it around your shoulders. Take one loose end piece and pull it over then under the scarf loop. Take the second end piece and go under and over the same loop. 

5. Knotted Necklace

Wrap the scarf behind your neck. Take one end and wrap it around your hand. Pull it through to make a loose knot. Take the other scarf end and pull it through the side knot, going under the knot loop and then over. 

RaShonda Jones is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing.