4 Things You Should Be Taking Advantage of at Siena

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Siena offers WAY more than most of us know. These are just a few things that you might be missing out on…

Business Cards!

These are completely free from the Career Education and Professional Development Office (Career Center). Just go to their website, fill out a short form and within a week, you have your very own set of business cards! Great for interviews, career fairs or just to leave your mark in your friend’s room.

Free textbooks!

Each semester students everywhere come closer and closer to selling a kidney to afford their textbooks. Before you buy, be sure to check the campus library. Lots of professors put a textbook on hold for the students, just ask the front desk. You can always make copies of the pages you need or even scan them to your email.

Nexus of Success

This is a great place to go if you’re unsure about classes or professors, especially, freshman and sophomores who might still be questioning their major. You can sit down with a peer who knows how to interpret your CAPP report, has insight on which classes would be best to take, and can even help you select the perfect professor.

3D Printers!

Siena has two locations for 3D printers. Three in the Stack Center (on the second floor of Siena Hall) and one in the SAINT Center (in Morrell Science Center). These printers are available for use by any student. It’s awesome technology to get your hands on and have experience with. Just be sure to ask for help if you haven’t used them before! I printed some awesome sheep with the help of my friend Jake who works at the Stack Center.

Images by the author

Accounting major at Siena College, graduating May 2019.